Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

IE 11 not remembering Sessions; Right-click open Tab, etc.

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 shley

shley

• Members
  • 251 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:00 AM

Posted 11 March 2016 - 05:36 AM

Hello,

Running a Win 10 laptop.  One month old.  Fully updated OS. 

The system is not remembering Sessions when I open up new Tabs.  For example, I will sign into Gmail and then go open a New Tab and go to Google, but I am not signed in.  Additionally, I will be signed into my university library site and click on a link that is supposed to take me to a report of document and I get an error about not being able to open the page, which is really strange.

I have the settings set in Options -> Privacy -> Advanced to 'Always accept session cookies'.  However, when I Reset IE 11 and restart unit and then go there, upon leaving the window, it does not say 'Apply' at the bottom of the main window as if the system didn't recognize I made a change it needs to save when I in fact have made a change by checking the box to allow sessions.  I would have thought a reset in IE would have fixed this but it did not.

I also have no Restore point to go back to.  I certainly do not want to start all over loading programs after another Windows restoring option like Refresh.

I also have tried searching on the Internet but I do not have the correct language / terms to search effectively.

Is this a common problem? As a last resort, I could send this back to the manufacturer but that would take a lot of time.

Thank you,

Shley

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 shley

shley
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 251 posts
  •  

Posted 11 March 2016 - 06:05 AM

Addendum:   Sessions work fine in Firefox and Opera.

#3 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,091 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:00 AM

Posted 11 March 2016 - 05:26 PM

I'm at a loss, but do have these suggeestions:

1)  Try DISM/SFC:

Then please run the following DISM commands to see if there's any problems with the system (from an elevated (Run as administrator) Command Prompt).  Press Enter after each one:

Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /ScanHealth
Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /CheckHealth
Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth

FYI - I have repaired systems using the last command even though problems weren't found with the first 2 - so I suggest running them all.

From this article: http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/hh824869.aspx

You can also run sfc.exe /scannow from an elevated (Run as administrator) Command Prompt to check for further corruption.

If that doesn't work, then try a RESET with the Keep My Files option

This will remove some Apps/Programs, but will leave your data alone

Good luck!

My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

#4 shley

shley
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 251 posts
  •  

Posted 11 March 2016 - 08:16 PM

Thank you for writing me back. I love the name BSOD Kernal Dump Expert :)

First, I solved the issue by Chatting with Microsoft this morning for 2 hours.  Just for everyone's information, all we did was we went into Programs and then Turn On and Off Windows Features and uninstalled Internet Explorer.  Restarted the unit.  Then re-installed.  Then restarted again.  And that seems to have fixed that issue.  I was not aware that Win 10 had that option - I thought I had lost it for some reason since my last computer had Win 8.1.... never assume is the lesson here.

However, there is still another issue.  I think it has to do with Policy rights.   The MS tech told me I would probably have to use the ISO tool and reload system files, but then I would have to re-load all the software that I have loaded in the last few weeks sine I received this new laptop.

What happened was that Kim Komodo advertised a AntiSpy free program for Win 10.  I tried it and didn't like it.  I uninstalled it using my REVO Pro.  But the settings were still changed.  Now I see under Settings -->  Privacy  --->  General the following statement at the top of the screen (enclosed screenshot) "Some settings are managed by your organization"

Is there a way to fix this without resorting to the ISO tool?

Thank you!!

Attached Files

#5 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,091 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:00 AM

Posted 13 March 2016 - 02:46 PM

The easiest thing is if you have a System Restore point set from before the installation.  Then you can revert the system to the way it was before you installed it.

You could also try reinstalling the program and then uninstalling it again to see if that fixed it.

If not, then you can use the DISM thing from my previous post.

My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users