Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Wifi USB adapter and monitor randomly stop working.

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 DonoDrapero

DonoDrapero

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:29 PM

Posted 10 March 2016 - 08:05 PM

Hi,

My wifi USB adapter randomly stops working. It''s not a question of the USB plugs (it's the same for every one), nor the adapter itself (I got a new one to make sure). Sometimes when I plug it off and plug it in it starts working again. Sometimes I get the blue screen error and have to reset (I got "driver_irql_not_less_or_equal" and "athurx.sys" messages). So far reseting the computer always makes it work.

Coincidentally my monitor started randomly shutting off as well (the light signals that it's powered the whole the time). It's plugged through a DVI slot. Not a question of the cable itself, because I had it changed. Plugging the DVI cable off and on again usually makes it work again.

Recently I got a 2nd Dell monitor (I use 2 monitors at the same time), which uses mini-USB and it works fine 100% of the time. Probably a coincidence, but these problems started occuring around the time when I got it.

Perhaps an issue with the motherboard?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 dicke

dicke

Paraclete

• Members
  • 2,196 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:29 PM

Posted 23 March 2016 - 02:50 PM

Could heat be the problem?