Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Automatically Download Optional Updates?

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 CaveStoryKing64

CaveStoryKing64

• Members
  • 122 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:55 PM

Posted 10 March 2016 - 07:49 PM

So I find myself occasionally checking optional updates, seeing what they did, and downloading them each and every time. Now, I know that there is no way to automate this process in Windows itself, but is there some registry hack or download to enables you to?

Thanks!
:)

Edited by CaveStoryKing64, 10 March 2016 - 07:50 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,714 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:55 PM

Posted 11 March 2016 - 09:55 AM

You can open the Windows Update in the Control and under Important updates you can use the option to Download updates but let me choose whether to install them or not.

This will give you the opportunity to check out the updates and decide which ones you wish to install.  When you view the updates there will be a check box in front of each update, you can place a check for each update you wish to install.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#3 CaveStoryKing64

CaveStoryKing64
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 122 posts
  •  

Posted 11 March 2016 - 03:48 PM

You can open the Windows Update in the Control and under Important updates you can use the option to Download updates but let me choose whether to install them or not.

This will give you the opportunity to check out the updates and decide which ones you wish to install.  When you view the updates there will be a check box in front of each update, you can place a check for each update you wish to install.

I know how to do that, but I don't want to have to manually install the optional updates.

I want to be able to automatically download and install each and every optional update without having to open the Windows update menu every time.

#4 jcgriff2

jcgriff2

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 1,109 posts
  •  

Posted 11 March 2016 - 10:30 PM

Change the Windows Update setting to "Automatic".

Microsoft MVP 2009-2015
Microsoft Windows Insider MVP 2018 - Present

#5 CaveStoryKing64

CaveStoryKing64
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 122 posts
  •  

Posted 12 March 2016 - 06:31 PM

Change the Windows Update setting to "Automatic".

That only updates recommended and important updates automatically. Not optional ones. I have already set the computer to do that. All I need now is to automatically install OPTIONAL updates. 

Thank you :)

#6 Agouti

Agouti

• Members
  • 1,548 posts
  •  

Posted 13 March 2016 - 07:48 AM

All I need now is to automatically install OPTIONAL updates.

Sorry, there is no way to automatically install optional updates.

#7 CaveStoryKing64

CaveStoryKing64
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 122 posts
  •  

Posted 13 March 2016 - 09:58 AM

All I need now is to automatically install OPTIONAL updates.

Sorry, there is no way to automatically install optional updates.

Ah. Thank you for your information! :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users