Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Large number TCP connections running at startup

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Msradell

Msradell

• Members
  • 116 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:14 PM

Posted 10 March 2016 - 05:54 PM

I have a large number of TCP connections open even immediately after a reboot.  It's normally around 200 with only Dragon NaturallySpeaking, KnowBrainer, Norton Security and my VoIP phone (X-Lite) along with a few other minor programs and normal Windows 10 background tasks running.  I run Malwarebytes regularly and never find anything wrong and have Norton Security set at maximum levels.

I'm attaching a file from TCPviewer that was taken immediately after a reboot as an example.

Attached File  data.txt   7.04KB   6 downloads

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Guest_GNULINUX_*

Guest_GNULINUX_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 11 March 2016 - 04:42 AM

I've checked that "data.txt" and cannot find anything abnormal... for Windows 10...

Although "dm2306-a.1drv.com" (registered by MarkMonitor and owned by M$) is a nice one!

Another one is the explorer.exe https connection with "msnbot-...search.msn.com"...  :censored:

Don't worry, it's all "normal" Windows 10 behavior!  :whistle:

PS: "readyshare microsoft-ds" I'm not entirely sure but I think it's your printer or other network shared device?

Do you have a shared (USB) device in your network?

If you're still unsure please post in the Am I infected? What do I do? section of this forum or wait for replies from other users.

Greets!

Edited by GNULINUX, 11 March 2016 - 04:45 AM.

#3 Msradell

Msradell
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 116 posts
  •  

Posted 11 March 2016 - 10:49 AM

Thanks for taking a look at the data, it just seemed like an awful lot of communications compared to what I'm used to with Windows 7. The 2 you did point out are interesting however I will block them. I do have a small shared USB device connected to my router that we keep some critical information stored on.

#4 Guest_GNULINUX_*

Guest_GNULINUX_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 11 March 2016 - 11:48 AM

You're welcome!  :)

And yeah, you're right... an awful lot of communication on Windows 10...

I was not suggesting to block the first two but you can try to block them and see if it doesn't effect your machine.

Some features may be affected e.g. search (on the internet) from start-menu not working, errors about not being able to send telemetry-data or OneDrive not syncing...

The third connection in my first reply should be that shared USB device you mentioned, so that's confirmed!

Please let us know how you blocked the first two connections and if that affected anything!  :wink:

Greets!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users