Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Internet not working after using AdwCleaner

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Fusey

Fusey

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 10 March 2016 - 04:16 PM

Hi,
I recently did a quick virus scan using respectively AdwCleaner, Junkware Removal Tool and CCleaner
Once finished I couldn't have access to internet through all my browsers even though internet works fine (I'm currently using my phone to post this using the Internet connection).
Anyone knows what is happening ?!

Thanks in advance

Jerome

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Fusey

Fusey
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 10 March 2016 - 04:28 PM

I am on Windows 7 by the way.
I tried typing "netsh winsock reset" in the cmd window like I saw in a previous post but after restarting my computer the problem was still there

#3 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 51,591 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:03 PM

Posted 10 March 2016 - 06:40 PM

The Bleeping Computer AdwCleaner download page includes the following note.

Under rare circumstances, you may lose your Internet connection when running AdwCleaner. This is typically due to an adware being removed that was acting as a proxy. To resolve this you can use a tool like RKill, which will automatically reset your Internet settings so that they are not using a proxy...

Internet connectivity problems can occur for a variety of reasons to include corrupted networking software installation, third-party software inserting itself into the network adapter settings, misconfiguration or corruption issues with TCP/IP protocol stack and Winsock due to malformed LSP, deletion or incorrect removal of networking software and removal of a malware component which had inserted itself into the winsock, changes in proxy settings, etc. There are some common (but simple) solutions here which can help resolve connectivity issues.

AdwCleaner previously removed Hotspot Shield which resulted in loss of Internet Connectivity but since that detection was fixed, loss of connectivity could be due to the removal of a similar third-party VPN software program as noted in Step 5 or due to one of the reasons noted above.
Windows Insider MVP 2017-2018
Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2016
Microsoft MVP Consumer Security 2007-2015 kO7xOZh.gif
Member of UNITE, Unified Network of Instructors and Trusted Eliminators

If I have been helpful & you'd like to consider a donation, click 38WxTfO.gif

#4 Fusey

Fusey
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 10 March 2016 - 07:53 PM