Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Laptop does not wake up from sleep mode?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 monkfish10

monkfish10

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:46 AM

Posted 10 March 2016 - 02:42 PM

Laptop does not wake up from sleep when either power button, keyboard buttons or mouse touchpad are pressed. A forced reboot is always required. HDD light off, monitor stays black and battery light and fan still on.

Have had this problem for over a week since downloading and using Advanced SystemCare and Driver Booster. Once the problem occured I uninstalled them but nothing changed. Also there was a few recent windows updates at beginning of March but haven't read anywhere that they are causing similar problems. Have tried the obvious fixes but nothing seems to work. ASSISTANCE MUCH APPRECIATED

SPECS

Asus X555LA

Windows 10 Home

Intel® HD Graphics Family

BIOS version date 14/08/14

Edited by monkfish10, 10 March 2016 - 02:49 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Niweg

Niweg

• Members
  • 802 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:46 AM

Posted 10 March 2016 - 05:07 PM

Never use drivers from any source other than your manufacturer.  Manufacturers can modify seemingly standard parts to work in a way that require you to only use the drivers they supply.  My standard recovery procedures are to try System Restore (assuming you enabled it) or restore from a total system backup I made to an external hard drive.

Good luck.

Make regular full system backups or you'll be sorry sooner or later.

#3 monkfish10

monkfish10
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:46 AM

Posted 10 March 2016 - 06:41 PM

Niweg,

I looked at the system restore option but the only available date I can restore from is yesterday - long after the problems started.

Is it possible to manually enter an earlier date?

cheers

#4 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,090 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:46 AM

Posted 11 March 2016 - 05:02 PM

Often a RESET using the Keep My Files option will help.

It will remove some of the programs/apps that you've installed - but it will leave your data alone (and you can usually easily reinstall the apps/programs).

Other options are to try uninstalling the drivers and then installing one's that are freshly downloaded from the Asus website.

My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users