Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Memory RAM upgrade on HP G62-a12ev Laptop

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 JokeR8gr

JokeR8gr

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:44 PM

Posted 10 March 2016 - 04:32 AM

Im really comfused and i want your help! I want to know what is the maximum memory Ram i can install in that laptop. It is old and i want to upgrade. Currently it has 2gb ram and i want to know if i can upgade to 8gb. Im confused becouse on Hp product site there are two different suggestion. Searching i found on product details that it supports up to 4gb ram. But in another article on the same page (Hp support) it says that it can upgraded up to 16gb.

So i want your opinion on how much memory i can install so my motherboard supports it! Thank you in advance!

*Edit: it has installed win7 home premioum 64bit

Edited by JokeR8gr, 10 March 2016 - 04:34 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 SpywareDoc

SpywareDoc

• Members
  • 681 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:44 PM

Posted 10 March 2016 - 12:25 PM

http://www.crucial.com/usa/en/compatible-upgrade-for/HP-Compaq/hp-g62-a12ev

Maximum memory: 8192MB
Slots:2 (2 banks of 1)

(8192MB = 8GB)