Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Ad-aware SE personal

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 cute0206

cute0206

• Members
  • 107 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:43 AM

Posted 05 December 2004 - 05:28 AM

i tried to run Ad-Aware SE personal twice, but everytime i got a message box saying "RPC terminated unexpectedly", then my PC had to restart. how do i fix this since i'm not really computer savvy? i followed some instruction by running Fixblast, but no virus seem to have been found. i also opened up task manager, but can't even find the file named "msblast.exe." what's wrong?
thanks

Edited by cute0206, 05 December 2004 - 05:10 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 ddeerrff

ddeerrff

Retired

• Malware Response Team
  • 2,741 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:43 AM

Posted 05 December 2004 - 12:57 PM

Start Ad-Aware SE. Click on the gear icon and click on 'Scanning' to open the 'Scan Settings'. Uncheck "Scan Active Processes" and click Proceed.

'Start' the scan, then select "Use Custom Scanning Options". Then click 'Next'.
Derfram
~~~~~~

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users