Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

A new Malware that raids your Android

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Jaycan

Jaycan

• Members
  • 454 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:10 AM

Posted 09 March 2016 - 11:34 PM

Sorry but I do not have full details yet, as there will be details released soon.

But a new Malware variation has just been discovered in large Australian cities mainly.

The Malware attacks Android type Apps on phones / devices, and has not been covered by most Anti-Malware programs.

Current advice is not to do any major financial transactions with these devices.

It seems to invade the device, decrypt most passwords, and Bank Account passwords, bypass Anti-Malware programs, and is dangerous..

Moderators can do what they wish with this, but I am watching current News updates for information..

Regards.

Edited by hamluis, 10 March 2016 - 07:24 AM.
Moved from AV/AM Software to Gen Security - Hamluis.

Acer Computer with LG Monitor and Toshiba Laptop with Windows 7.1

Windows 64bit  8.1 - Always fully updated

Firefox / Google Chrome / Internet Explorer Browsers

Usually a home helper here or with friends and nimble fingered ladies who would rather sew or dust, but not clean the bugs out of a computer ...

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Condobloke

Condobloke

Outback Aussie @ 54.2101 N, 0.2906 W

• Members
  • 5,937 posts
  •  

Posted 10 March 2016 - 12:41 AM

Found an article HERE 

A digital protection company has discovered that nearly all of Australia and New Zealand’s big banks are being targeted by malware on Android phones that can steal customers online banking details.

ESET released research today, showing malware known as Android/Spy.Agent.SI is able to steal login details by locking down a phone when you try to enter a bank’s app. From there, it will display a fake login screen for the bank and won’t let users leave that until they type in the details.

The thieves can then use the stolen credentials to log into a victim’s account and transfer money out of it.

This latest attack is incredibly sophisticated. After downloading apps infected with the malware, users agree to give the device administrator rights. This gives the malware a self-defence mechanism that prevents it

from being uninstalled, as well as access to literally everything on a device, including the ability to hijack SMS messages.

Condobloke ...Outback Australian  

fed up with Windows antics...??....LINUX IS THE ANSWER....I USE LINUX MINT 18.3  EXCLUSIVELY.

“A man travels the world in search of what he needs and returns home to find it."

It has been said that time heals all wounds. I don't agree. The wounds remain. Time - the mind, protecting its sanity - covers them with some scar tissue and the pain lessens, but it is never gone. Rose Kennedy

#3 Jaycan

Jaycan
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 454 posts
  •  

Posted 10 March 2016 - 03:35 AM

Needed to wait for the news to fully put out the Alert to all .......

Malware hijacks big four Australian banks' apps, steals two ...

To add to the article by Condobloke.

Posted Today, 08:35 PM (time of my original post)

My computer says   7.35 PM  and I am waiting for the time on the EDIT

Edited by Jaycan, 10 March 2016 - 03:41 AM.

Usually a home helper here or with friends and nimble fingered ladies who would rather sew or dust, but not clean the bugs out of a computer ...

#4 Jaycan

Jaycan
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 454 posts
  •  

Posted 10 March 2016 - 03:49 AM

Call this EDIT 2 -

Daylight savings time will not change until April 3, and this has now gone to >

" Last auto saved 7:46PM " on the bottom of the reply box ???

But at the Posted time Posted Today, 08:49 PM

Anybody have any ideas ??

Edited by Jaycan, 10 March 2016 - 03:53 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users