Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Crapware?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
4 replies to this topic

#1 MrClose

MrClose

• Members
  • 166 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:40 AM

Posted 09 March 2016 - 09:11 PM

I wasn't sure where to post this?
Could go under Internet as well as here?

I took a capture (partial) of a page that pops up every once in a while.
Pops up might not be the correct term because, I am not even aware that it has opened until I close a tab that I am on and .. this page is staring at me?

I have run malwarebytes and various crapware, adware and virus tools and it Still persists?

I did have reimage at one time but that was long ago deleted.

DO NOT click on or copy and paste the link below, it is only there for educated eyes to look over.
It is the url of the page that pops up.
(In other words, I'm not sure if the link is malware)

w12t4x.jpg

hxxp://www.reimageplus.com/land/slm/index3.php?tracking=ReimageNetworkCon&banner=Termos&adgroup=7957277&ads_name=4208697&keyword=1168537&CID=v1_7957277_244187_38u_8F6E8244EE6659661645165527_-1_4208697_13l4p_513_8F6E8244EE6659652140673877_m_ju_8404464150926971444_886797___-1_73_4mu7_ju&ClickID={s2sparam}[/url]

Edited by Orange Blossom, 10 March 2016 - 12:40 AM.
Deactivated link. ~ OB

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 loki2007

loki2007

• Members
  • 551 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:40 AM

Posted 10 March 2016 - 07:45 AM

Hi there MrClose! My name is loki and I will be assisting you with your issue. Just a few rules before we begin.

• Please follow my directions exactly as they are posted and in the order they are posted so that I can best help you. If you do not understand something please don't hesitate to let me know with a reply to this thread.
  • Please do not run any other scans or tools or install any new programs while I am helping you, as doing so might confuse me and slow down the cleaning process while I'm trying to help fix your computer.
  • Please backup all important files that cannot be replaced if possible. Fixes sometimes do not go as planned and losing important files can be a painful experience.
  • If I do not respond to your post within 48 hours please send me a PM.

Lets get started :thumbup2:

Are you having any other problems with your computer besides this random popup? Also could you please run a scan with FRST and post your results here. The instructions for running FRST are listed below.

Please download Farbar Recovery Scan Tool and save it to your Desktop.

Note: You need to run the version compatible with your system. If you are not sure which version applies to your system, download both of them and try to run them. Only one of them will run on your system, that will be the right version.

• Right-click FRST then click "Run as administrator" (XP users: click run after receipt of Windows Security Warning - Open File).
  • When the tool opens, click Yes to disclaimer.
  • Press the Scan button.
  • When finished, it will produce a log called FRST.txt in the same directory the tool was run from.
  • Please copy and paste the log in your next reply.

Note 2: The first time the tool is run it generates another log (Addition.txt - also located in the same directory the tool was run from). Please also paste that, along with the FRST.txt into your next reply.

Please copy and paste the results from FRST.txt and Addition.txt in your next reply. Also please let me know if you are experiencing any other issues. Thanks,

loki

Member of the Bleeping Computer A.I.I. early response team!

#3 MrClose

MrClose
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 166 posts
  •  

Posted 12 March 2016 - 02:09 AM

loki

I am so sorry that you had to waste your time with me.

It seems that all I had to do was to boot into safe mode and run an adware and spyware cleaner to rid me of the problem.

It seems like I am not the only one who had/has this same problem.

I found the solution through a microsoft web site.

Again, I'm terribly sorry but I Really Do want to offer my thanks for your time!

MC

#4 loki2007

loki2007

• Members
  • 551 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:40 AM

Posted 12 March 2016 - 07:24 PM

No time was wasted at all. I'm glad you were able to resolve your issue. If you notice any other issues come back and let us know. Thanks,

loki

Member of the Bleeping Computer A.I.I. early response team!

#5 thcbytes

thcbytes

• Malware Response Team
  • 14,790 posts
  •  

Posted 13 March 2016 - 10:11 AM

It appears that this issue is resolved, therefore I am closing the topic. If that is not the case and you need or wish to continue with this topic, please send me or any Moderator a Personal Message (PM) that you would like this topic re-opened.
Proud member - Unified Network of Instructors and Trained Eliminators
Posted Image

I do not accept personal donations for assistance provided. I would ask that you instead consider donating the greatest gift - Organ Donation. Your organs are of no use to you when your gone. You will save a life that would otherwise be lost!

http://donatelife.net/register-now/

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users