Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

How much do computer shops charge you?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 poey27529

poey27529

• Members
  • 19 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:42 PM

Posted 09 March 2016 - 12:55 PM

I've never had a laptop repaired before from a "computer shop/repair store" and wondered what the average prices are?

Like how much it would cost to repaste a laptop?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 InadequateInfirmity

InadequateInfirmity

I Gots Me A Certified Edumication

• Banned
  • 5,180 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:42 PM

Posted 09 March 2016 - 01:10 PM

You should call around your local area, and also outside of your area and get an average cost. Then tell them that you are looking to get it done and are willing to pay x amount.

Or you could do it yourself and save a good bit of money, really not that hard to do. :)

#3 mjd420nova

mjd420nova

• Members
  • 1,680 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:42 PM

Posted 09 March 2016 - 03:05 PM

There's two ways to look at the charges a shop will charge for "looking" at you PC.  One, a flat rate to start, say $79. up front just to drop it off and have someone look at it to determine if it's hardware broke or software broke.  An estimate will be made for any needed work beyond their estimate range.  Two, an adjustable rate with a higher payment.  I have seen a flat rate for this too, usually around $50 per hour and parts are extra if it needs repair.  I experienced large corporate IT service vendors charging $150. site charge (just showing up) and that covered one hour of labor.  Parts were 30% mark up.  Hourly rate was $80. after the first hour.  There were contracts written that had one and two day response premiums with one and two day repair premiums.  It made good money as long as you could have the needed parts on hand, easiest with a confined list of hardware.  In the old days of TV repair, you could call a dozen places and take the first one that shows up at the door.

#4 MarkHenry

MarkHenry

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:42 AM

Posted 16 March 2016 - 01:10 PM

most of the shops earn money with extra charge + 10$ for bla bla bla if you want to build your own business go to this website its help you a lot its https://essay.cafe/accounting-essay-help.html they should help you with all what you need from beginning to the end with accounting and market ideas .

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users