Hello, I'm getting error 9C59 when trying to upgrade ie9 on pretty much all the computers in my company weather vm or physical machine. I don't know why this is happening, I assume they were all installed from the same image and something is corrupted (they were set up before I got here).
I've tried pretty much everything I could find on error 9C59, but can't resolve the problem without formatting.
Please note that my machines are running Windows 7 PRO SP1 x64 french. They are connected to a WSUS server, but I removed the ones I tested with to have them update with windowsupdate servers in order to eliminate that problem.
Here is what I've tried.
- Checked for prerequisites: missing kb2731771 and KB2533623, but when I try to install these, I get a message saying they don't apply to my computer (I assume they have been superseded)
- Ran the system update readiness tool http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=20858
- Reset windows updates https://support.microsoft.com/en-ca/kb/971058
- Ran windows update troubleshooter http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/troubleshoot-problems-installing-updates#1TC=windows-7
- Ran older MicrosoftEasyFix50202.msi
- Uninstalled Eset anti-virus
- Reinstalled windows 7 (upgrade mode in order to not delete everything)
- Tried installing IE11-neutral.Downloaded.cab manually
- Ran sfc /scannow
- Ran chkdsk /F /R
- Ran cmd /c FORFILES /P %WINDIR%\servicing\Packages /M *11.*.mum /C "cmd /c echo @fname && start /w pkgmgr /up:@fname /quiet /norestart /quiet"
Nothing has helped.
Here are the errors in the IE11_main.log:
ERROR: Failed to extract a language pack for a non-english OS.
ERROR: === FindResource (7128,"IE11-support.cab") failed with 0x717
ERROR: Neutral package installation failed (exit code = 0x00000002 (2)).
INFO: Process 'C:\Windows\SysNative\dism.exe /online /add-package /packagepath:C:\Windows\TEMP\IE19CB1.tmp\IE11-neutral.Downloaded.cab /quiet /norestart' exited with exit code 0x00000002 (2)
ERROR: Couldn't create setup troubleshooting shortcut on the desktop. HRESULT: 0x80070002,
I do get an error when I run the fixit:
Here are the logs:
Any help would be greatly appreciated.