Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows Could Not Search For New Updates

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 dennis_l

dennis_l

• Members
  • 13 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:45 AM

Posted 09 March 2016 - 09:21 AM

I've just completed a Windows 7 Professional re install & everything seemed to go ok , but it won't pull in any Windows Updates
I've tried the various Fixit tools with no success.
When doing a check for updates I get "Windows could not search for new updates -error code 8007000E"
Be grateful for any help on this

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 20,050 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:45 AM

Posted 09 March 2016 - 09:55 AM

This is a known problem on a fresh install. If the Install is not SP1 then download and install the standalone here.

Install IE11 as that is required for Security Updates

If that fails then install the latest Windows Update Agent.  On a fresh install it may take up to two hours to initiate an update.

Some people have had to wait overnight before getting updates. Something has changed on the Windows Update side and it seems priority is being given to Windows 8 and 10.

#3 dennis_l

dennis_l
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 13 posts
  •  

Posted 09 March 2016 - 10:08 AM

SP1 & IE11 already installed .

I've just installed the latest update agent but it's still the same I'm afraid

It only scans for about a minute before the error appears.

#4 Aura

Aura

Bleepin' Special Ops

• Malware Response Team
  • 18,429 posts
  •  

Posted 09 March 2016 - 10:17 AM

Just leaving this here...

These errors can happen if your computer runs out of memory while installing an update.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-ca/windows7/windows-update-error-80070008-or-8007000e

There is a new update to the Windows Update Client available that includes the following fixes:

- This update addresses an issue in which the Windows Update Client displays an out-of-memory error during the scan operation (0x8007000E) on systems that have small amounts of physical RAM.

https://blogs.technet.microsoft.com/sus/2015/06/03/new-windows-update-client-for-microsoft-windows-7-available/

This update addresses an issue in which Windows Update scans can fail and generate a 0x8007000E error.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/3050265

Windows 7 x86: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=47352
Windows 7 x64: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=47351

unite_blue.png
Technical Support, Tier 2 | Sysnative Windows Update Senior Analyst | Malware Hunter | R&D at Certly | @AuraTheWhiteHat
My timezone UTC-05:00 (East. Coast). If I didn't reply to you within 48 hours, please send me a PM.

#5 noraz

noraz

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:45 PM

Posted 09 March 2016 - 06:52 PM

Try this:

Windows 7 faster Updates from new install-

The latest Windows Update Agent 7.6.7600.320 relies on a previous update - KB3102810. That Update doesn't exist on the original Windows 7 SP1 ISO. You need to manually install this update AFTER Windows Update Agent 7.6.7600.320 has installed but after the new update agent has restarted/running - don't let it run forever, restart the machine, then on startup - download and install KB3192810 directly from MS, then re-run Windows Update. 

Edited by noraz, 09 March 2016 - 09:13 PM.

#6 dennis_l

dennis_l
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 13 posts
  •  

Posted 10 March 2016 - 03:31 AM

I installed KB3050265 & left it scanning for updates , but as yet no updates have appeared.

I'll try putting KB3102810 on & see what happens

#7 dennis_l

dennis_l
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 13 posts
  •  

Posted 10 March 2016 - 03:57 AM

Seems to be working ok now

Thanks for your assistance.

#8 Aura

Aura

Bleepin' Special Ops

• Malware Response Team
  • 18,429 posts
  •  

Posted 10 March 2016 - 06:22 AM

Glad to see that your issue has been solved dennis, thanks for letting us know!

unite_blue.png
Technical Support, Tier 2 | Sysnative Windows Update Senior Analyst | Malware Hunter | R&D at Certly | @AuraTheWhiteHat
My timezone UTC-05:00 (East. Coast). If I didn't reply to you within 48 hours, please send me a PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users