Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

LikeNEWPC Software Beta Release - Fix Disabled, Badly Infected & Slow Computers

• Please log in to reply
122 replies to this topic

#1 BobWing

BobWing

Authorized LikeNew PC Repair Rep

• Members
  • 56 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:32 AM

Posted 09 March 2016 - 08:21 AM

LikeNEWPC is downloadable Windows repair software that runs from the cloud and fixes ALL types of computer Hardware & Software problems. Our automated program was designed by hardware, software and computer repair engineers to be easy enough to use for consumers but powerful enough for professionals. LikeNEWPC performs two separate steps with over 12 scanners and tools to thoroughly repair ALL Windows Computer problems.

Step 1 repairs low level problems like No boot, freezes, missing files, lockups, hard drives and other disabling problems. Step 2 cleans bugs and restores your computer fixing many of the issues created by infections. Run times are typically 4-12 Hours depending on how big your hard drive is and how badly infected your computer is. Try this on any disabled, badly infected or slow Windows computer. It automates many of the tools you currently use for computer repair saving you time. This is a BETA release so use at your own risk! Currently works for XP, Vista & Windows 7. Windows 8 & 10 Available in May.

Try for FREE at  www.likenewpc.net

WARNING: Our product was designed for end users to be ran on stand alone computers and cannot be ran as a virtual software package. Unlike other software packages you are familiar with our product runs at a low system level and interacts with all of the devices peripherals etc. in the computer. As such our software cant be executed in a virtual machine. A virtual machine does not have access to all devices and other system/OS resources which we may use in the way that we use them. Running on a virtual machine instead of as specified may result in damage!

What we Fix:

Boot & Startup Issues – Uses patent pending algorithms and backup recovery to find, repair and replace bad MBR, BCD, Boot Sectors, Disk Geometry, Missing or bad files and other boot related problems.

Hard Disk and Drivers – Repairs and replaces bad sectors, index errors, lost chains, security descriptor errors, FAT and other disk drive specific errors.

Blue & Black Screens –  Repairs and replaces missing files and conditions that create blue and black screens. We check and replace/repair boot, Windows system files and other files that cause your computer to error.

Shutdown & Freezes – These issues can be caused by a multitude of problems including bugs, missing components, corrupt files, and operating system issues. LikeNEWPC is the only software on the market that runs multiple tools and scanners that addresses ALL types of Problems a Windows computer can have.

Missing OS Components & DLL – Repairs most standard Windows component errors and wherever possible restores your computer its pre-error condition.

Virus, Malware, Bugs – Repetition is needed to fully clean badly infected computers. LikeNEWPC runs 7 independent scanners and tools to remove, repair and fix ALL of the problems created by bugs. In addition, we take control of the Operating System and remove the infections before they can start leaving them vulnerable for removal.

Windows Registry, Components & Settings – . Fixes windows Registry, Component and other Settings to get your computer back functioning how you want it. Essentially, we fix what was corrupted in the whole computer.

Backs up Pictures & Files - Using its own Operating System LikeNEWPC allows users to retrieve their information off of disabled computers. Users can backup accounts automatically or select individual files for backup. No boot, No password, and other access issues are bypassed so users can get their stuff.

Edited by BobWing, 09 March 2016 - 02:56 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Grinler

Grinler

Lawrence Abrams

• Admin
  • 43,567 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:32 AM

Posted 09 March 2016 - 09:01 AM

Thanks Bob for letting our users know about your product.

Is this program a registry cleaner? We are not a big believer in those types of products here at BC.

#3 BobWing

BobWing

• Topic Starter

• Members
  • 56 posts
  •  

Posted 09 March 2016 - 09:48 AM

No, actually it’s the exact opposite; although we do make changes in the Registry our process does not have a registry cleaner. I am a process engineer who owned a hard drive repair facility and invented automated disk drive testing in the 80's. My partner Harvey was the inventor of Remote Interactive Diagnostics for HP. What we have created is a process that automates and utilizes new recovery technologies and 3rd party tools to repair hard drives, boot errors, file/component issues, bug removal and Windows repair.

Essentially I have repaired computers for 10 years and we have automated the process and methods I use to FIX ALL Windows software and hardware issues. We have linked together all repair types with our own technology and 3rd party apps to seamlessly and thoroughly fix a customer’s computer like a Pro would. It takes 4-8 hours to run and requires minimal end user interaction. When it’s completed we have scanned and repaired the hard disk, repaired the boot sector, repaired system files, repaired windows OS issues, removed software conflicts, repaired browser issues, and performed 5 different virus/malware scans to ensure the computers clean. LikeNEWPC is the most thorough PC repair product available today that I know of.

#4 Queen-Evie

Queen-Evie

Official Bleepin' G.R.I.T.S. (and proud of it)

• Staff Emeritus
  • 16,485 posts
  •  
  • Location:My own little corner of the universe (somewhere in Alabama). It's OK, they know me here
  • Local time:08:32 AM

Posted 09 March 2016 - 10:49 AM

I did see this on your website regarding use of your software. In the interest of informing others that a fee will be charged if it works for someone:

On the page you posted

NO RISK-Only Pay $20 After We Fix Your Computer

http://www.likenewpc.net/moreinfo.html

When do I Pay?
The program runs a series of tests for 4-12 hours and then the computer will boot up LikeNEW! Once you validate repairs are successful simply click on the payment option and pay us for our service. If we did not repair your computer don't pay! It’s that simple!

#5 Aura

Aura

Bleepin' Special Ops

• Malware Response Team
  • 19,629 posts
  •  

Posted 09 March 2016 - 10:55 AM

Virus, Malware, Bugs – Repetition is needed to fully clean badly infected computers. LikeNEWPC runs 7 independent scanners and tools to remove, repair and fix ALL of the problems created by bugs. In addition, we take control of the Operating System and remove the infections before they can start leaving them vulnerable for removal.

Personally I don't believe that. You cannot guarantee a 100% clean system using only automated scanners.

Consumer Manipulation:

The average end user utilizes less than 100 Gig of storage and operates fine with only 1 Gig of RAM.

So false. With 1GB of RAM, you would run Windows 32-bit and couldn't even use Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox at a "stable" and "decent" speed.

Jesus, I don't have time for this right now, but mark my word that I'll be going through your website and comment on everything I find suspicious. Hopefully it'll be tonight, otherwise it'll be tomorrow night.

Ooohh this is interesting...

http://www.likenewpc.net/tools.html

Are you actually using these tools in your LikeNEWPC software? If so, do you have the authorization of each tool's developers in order to do that?

Edited by Aura, 09 March 2016 - 11:04 AM.

unite_blue.png
Security Administrator | Sysnative Windows Update Senior Analyst | Malware Hunter | @SecurityAura
My timezone UTC-05:00 (East. Coast). If I didn't reply to you within 48 hours, please send me a PM.

#6 BobWing

BobWing

• Topic Starter

• Members
  • 56 posts
  •  

Posted 09 March 2016 - 11:05 AM

Thank you for your replies as we are just starting I am sure there will be misconceptions. Let me try and answer your questions.

1) You may run the service for free. If we fix your computer you have an option to pay us the $20 if you wish. We do NOT take credit cards or restrict usage in any way. If we do the job you can pay us if you wish.

2) We stand by our statement that most end users are fine with only 1GB of RAM and 100GB of hard disk space. Most of the end users who use their computers at home are just accessing word, excel, their emails etc. and are not power users. The terabyte of hard disk space and 16GB of ram is usually not needed by Grandma. The marketing folks over sell real demand.

#7 Aura

Aura

Bleepin' Special Ops

• Malware Response Team
  • 19,629 posts
  •  

Posted 09 March 2016 - 11:08 AM

Most of the end users who use their computers at home are just accessing word, excel, their emails etc. and are not power users

Prepare a VM with 1GB of a RAM, only 1 core of your CPU (and limit it), then install Office 2013 with Google Chrome and access gmail. Tell me the response time of that system is acceptable. I do agree with you that the common end user doesn't need 16GB of RAM, nor does it need 1TB of space, but at the most, 4GB of RAM with a HDD of 250GB is what I would call the standard in 2016. If we were to follow your logic, it would be pointless to always push back the limit of computer hardware and technology.

unite_blue.png
Security Administrator | Sysnative Windows Update Senior Analyst | Malware Hunter | @SecurityAura
My timezone UTC-05:00 (East. Coast). If I didn't reply to you within 48 hours, please send me a PM.

#8 BobWing

BobWing

• Topic Starter

• Members
  • 56 posts
  •  

Posted 09 March 2016 - 11:10 AM

Yes we have contacted all the folks listed to utilize their free tools for repair of customers computers. In addition we request authorization from the user to use the tools. As I said earlier, we are new and definitely are not perfect. Your input is welcome and we will respond where ever necessary to fix any issues. Please though.... try the product. I think you will be surprised how well it works. We are a couple of old school inventors who are trying to retire and help folks on the way. This product works! Please help us work the bugs out.

#9 Aura

Aura

Bleepin' Special Ops

• Malware Response Team
  • 19,629 posts
  •  

Posted 09 March 2016 - 11:13 AM

You can be sure that I'll test this product since I have serious doubts about your claims on it.

Also, let's say that I cannot boot. How would I go about running LikeNEWPC on my system from the Recovery PE?

unite_blue.png

#10 BobWing

BobWing

• Topic Starter

• Members
  • 56 posts
  •  

Posted 09 March 2016 - 11:17 AM

Its funny.... I owned a hard disk repair company and have been selling hard disks my whole life. Hardware has WELL outpaced the average users needs. We actually did a survey to see what people are doing with their PC's now days with smartphones, tablets etc. saturating the market. I found out that most folks only use their computer for word, excel and emails. Literally 300 Million tons of computers go to landfills yearly. Almost 85% of those computers could have been repaired and reused. We are just advocating to repair and reuse. Even if you are a power user there are people out there that could benefit from a donated computer. There is a need.

#11 Aura

Aura

Bleepin' Special Ops

• Malware Response Team
  • 19,629 posts
  •  

Posted 09 March 2016 - 11:22 AM

I agree that old computers could be repaired, reimaged and reused in a way where you could donate them to a charity organization or else so they can use it. However, you're pushing it too far by saying that the common normal user only needs 1GB of RAM with a 100GB HDD. If this were true, everyone would be running Windows 32-bit, and the 64-bit market would be non-existent, and not needed.

unite_blue.png

#12 BobWing

BobWing

• Topic Starter

• Members
  • 56 posts
  •  

Posted 09 March 2016 - 11:23 AM

As far as boot recovery goes we have created a method/algorithm that we are patenting. We tried all of the tools out there and boot repair products and even as engineers had a hard time running or repairing boot sectors, MBR's etc. We had to create our own recovery tool that works. In addition, several other problems can cause a system not to start up or boot. This includes missing files, dll's etc. We also address these with a custom recovery method. Both Harvey and myself have been in the industry since 1980. We have numerous patents and companies we have started. This is for real..... if you do try it and have problems please email them to us and help us make this product better.  likenewpcrepair@gmail.com

Thanks,

Bob Wing

#13 Aura

Aura

Bleepin' Special Ops

• Malware Response Team
  • 19,629 posts
  •  

Posted 09 March 2016 - 11:26 AM

If I have any problem with your product, I would rather post them in this thread and have an answer there. After all, this is a thread dedicated to your program, so you shouldn't have a problem with providing support and welcoming feedback about it in it, right?

Can you give me instructions on how to run it from the RecoveryPE? Do I just have to boot in it, and launch the executable from the command prompt?

unite_blue.png

#14 BobWing

BobWing

• Topic Starter

• Members
  • 56 posts
  •  

Posted 09 March 2016 - 11:31 AM

Oh sorry, we have three different downloads that you are presented once you click the download button.

1) download the exe to current computer and run now.

2) copy exe to thumb drive and take to another computer

3) Create startup cd/usb/dvd with LikeNEWPC for non booting, disabled or corrupt PC's and windows XP. (we had to run XP from startup disk because you cannot control the boot easily). This disk automatically boots and runs the program. It can be used on all OS.

#15 BobWing

BobWing

• Topic Starter

• Members
  • 56 posts
  •  

Posted 09 March 2016 - 11:37 AM

By the way.... we tried to make the whole boot cd/usb automated for end users. Please let us know how you like it. In addition, We are techs/engineers and welcome your comments/concerns. If I cant answer something, (I had the idea and am fluent on the process), I will have Harvey join us (he has written all of the code). Remember, this is our first splash in the real world besides friends and family so your input will shape our product. We are good guys and really are trying to do the right thing all the way around to help people.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users