Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Outlook to Outlook.com

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 dcstim

dcstim

• Members
  • 29 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:31 PM

Posted 09 March 2016 - 08:16 AM

I use Outlook 2010 on my laptop and try to use it on other pc/tablets, the problem is that nothing syncs.  I want to know if there is a way to a). Use the same account on Outlook.com and B). transfer all my data and folders to Outlook.com.  My Outlook 2010 is a pop account.

If anyone out there can help I would be very grateful.

Thanks

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Queen-Evie

Queen-Evie

Official Bleepin' G.R.I.T.S. (and proud of it)

• Members
  • 16,485 posts
  •  
  • Location:My own little corner of the universe (somewhere in Alabama). It's OK, they know me here
  • Local time:10:31 AM

Posted 09 March 2016 - 11:51 AM

You would need to set up email on Outlook 2010 as IMAP.

That *should* sync all your folders and mail.

If you continue to use an email client, which Outlook is, on other devices all of them will need to have the client set up using IMAP settings.

#3 dcstim

dcstim
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 29 posts
  •  

Posted 13 March 2016 - 03:29 PM

Sorry for the delay in responding, I've been away.  Thanks for the info.  One other question, do I have to convert all the pop3 folders and import them into outlook 2010 as imap and if so is there an easy way to convert them?

#4 Queen-Evie

Queen-Evie

Official Bleepin' G.R.I.T.S. (and proud of it)

• Members
  • 16,485 posts
  •  
  • Location:My own little corner of the universe (somewhere in Alabama). It's OK, they know me here
  • Local time:10:31 AM

Posted 13 March 2016 - 03:51 PM

The folders are not designated as either POP or IMAP.
Neither are the mails so you cannot convert them.

IMAP and POP refer to the server settings for each of them. POP servers will be different from IMAP servers.

What is the domain of your email account? (msn, Hotmail, gmail, ISP mail, etc)

#5 dcstim

dcstim
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 29 posts
  •  

Posted 14 March 2016 - 01:21 PM

I finally managed to get everything onto the Outlook Web App.  I was really happy until I found that any new email message isn't being sent but put into the drafts folder.  I have tried to send from that folder but I just keep getting a message saying that the message couldn't be sent but please try later!

I have tried to find a solution but to no avail.  

If you can help that would be great but if not many thanks for all of your assistance up to this point.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users