Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

technology solution.us (based in Virginia)

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 aliceb

aliceb

• Members
  • 17 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:27 AM

Posted 08 March 2016 - 11:51 PM

www.technologysolution.us  - are they a legit company? they tell me that an IP address in Germany has hooked into my system and that my network needs shoring up - despite the fact that McAfee Plus scans tell me all is well and no viruses/malware etc. Computer is running slow however .. what to do???

Edited by hamluis, 09 March 2016 - 11:29 AM.
Moved from Win 10 to Am I Infected - Hamluis.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Rocky Bennett

Rocky Bennett

• Members
  • 2,755 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:27 AM

Posted 09 March 2016 - 06:47 AM

Have you googled them? I just googled that address and did not get anything. You might want to do some research.

594965_zpsp5exvyzm.png

#3 aliceb

aliceb
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 17 posts
  •  

Posted 09 March 2016 - 07:22 AM

Actually they do have a legitimate looking web site at: https://technologysolution.us/

(I may not have spelled correctly)

#4 aliceb

aliceb
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 17 posts
  •  

Posted 09 March 2016 - 07:30 AM

And it is damn difficult to do research on any online company..suggestions? Thanks

#5 Queen-Evie

Queen-Evie

Official Bleepin' G.R.I.T.S. (and proud of it)

• Members
  • 16,485 posts
  •  
  • Location:My own little corner of the universe (somewhere in Alabama). It's OK, they know me here

Posted 09 March 2016 - 07:33 AM

How did you hook up with the company?

What did they do to find out that "an IP address in Germany has hooked into my system and that my network needs shoring up"?

#6 Aura

Aura

Bleepin' Special Ops

• Malware Response Team
  • 19,670 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:27 AM

Posted 09 March 2016 - 07:52 AM

They look like scammers to me. This is their phone number.

https://www.google.ca/search?q=1-844-802-1403&oq=1-844-802-1403&aqs=chrome..69i57j69i64.4663j0j7&sourceid=chrome&es_sm=93&ie=UTF-8
https://support.mozilla.org/fr/questions/1022993

unite_blue.png
Security Administrator | Sysnative Windows Update Senior Analyst | Malware Hunter | @SecurityAura
My timezone UTC-05:00 (East. Coast). If I didn't reply to you within 48 hours, please send me a PM.

#7 aliceb

aliceb
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 17 posts
  •  

Posted 09 March 2016 - 07:52 AM

Their web site came up when I googled help for installing a new Canon Printer that turned out not to be a Plug and Play..I originally thought that they were support for Canon but they did explain that they were independent ..id'd a problem with interface between computer and printer and insisted then that someone/something was trying to hack my network and in defense, Win 10 had shut down critical functions. Short story version: printer installed and working fine, computer cleaned and working fine until lately when it is becoming slow..McAfee scan say all is well, administrator view shows more than 1 I.P address but I only have 1 computer operating - what's up? did this co. plant something? and why does anti-virus not pick up???

#8 Aura

Aura

Bleepin' Special Ops

• Malware Response Team
  • 19,670 posts
  •  

Posted 09 March 2016 - 07:54 AM

aliceb, see my post just above yours (since we posted at the same time).

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/607517/technology-solutionus-based-in-virginia/#entry3953123

unite_blue.png
Security Administrator | Sysnative Windows Update Senior Analyst | Malware Hunter | @SecurityAura
My timezone UTC-05:00 (East. Coast). If I didn't reply to you within 48 hours, please send me a PM.

#9 aliceb

aliceb
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 17 posts
  •  

Posted 09 March 2016 - 07:57 AM

yes that is the phone number but no complaints or bad reports, in fact no reports at all on that site???

#10 Aura

Aura

Bleepin' Special Ops

• Malware Response Team
  • 19,670 posts
  •  

Posted 09 March 2016 - 07:59 AM

It's possible that this website is new or haven't been around long enough for complaints to be filled in. It happens frequently.

For me they are scammers, just by reading what they told you, it's obvious. Here, you should give the following a read:

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/407147/answers-to-common-security-questions-best-practices/#entry3897161

unite_blue.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users