Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows Explorer Bugged?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 FredDee

FredDee

• Members
  • 29 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:34 PM

Posted 08 March 2016 - 09:42 PM

I started up my computer today to find that all the programs on my window's taskbar are gone, along with the windows file explorer. I cannot even open the start menu to shut down my computer, so I have to manually shut it off using the power button. I also found that my computer would shut down, however the power LED along with the HDD LED would still light up (and I can also still hear the fans running). I would have to wait a while for the computer to fully shut down. Restarting the computer has led to no success. Help? :(

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 FreeBooter

FreeBooter

• Members
  • 3,137 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:34 AM

Posted 08 March 2016 - 10:32 PM

To power off your computer hold down power button till computer power off this should not result HDD light still been on if its then you are not shutting down the computer.

2GvnEq2.gif

#3 FredDee

FredDee
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 29 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:34 PM

Posted 08 March 2016 - 11:36 PM

I would power down the computer by pressing the power button down once, which causes the screen to say "Shutting down..." then goes black. However, the power led still lights up along with the HDD light.

#4 FreeBooter

FreeBooter

• Members
  • 3,137 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:34 AM

Posted 09 March 2016 - 01:05 AM

You see when you press power button one time it can make computer to hibernate or sleep it depends on how power option for power button is configure by default its configure to go to sleep so you should hold down power button to power off computer.

If the power button is power in off the computer and if its not then background process causing computer not to power down.

Edited by FreeBooter, 09 March 2016 - 01:08 AM.

2GvnEq2.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users