Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

No video output from pc

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 sapiroot

sapiroot

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:02 PM

Posted 08 March 2016 - 01:08 PM

After shutting my desktop down normally yesterday it has not been able to send a video signal to my monitor.

After booting the monitor goes to sleep mode as if no input is recieved. The system seems to be booting fine though, as the windows startup tune can be heard from my speakers.

I have tried two different monitors and tried switching the cable without any luck. Hereafter i thoroughly dusted off my pc. took out and re-inserted my graphics card into my motherboard. also tried reinserting both of my ram and booting with only one stick inserted. Also tried unplugging the power cord and holding down the power button for a minute but it dident fix it.

I would love to provide system specs but i cannot remember them all and i cannot get into my pc to check all of it

gpu is amd radeon 7900

ram is corsair 8gb

motherboard is asrock z68 extreme 3 gen

Edited by sapiroot, 08 March 2016 - 02:04 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 sapiroot

sapiroot
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 08 March 2016 - 02:35 PM

I have tried taking out and re-inserting my CMOS battery now, but still no better

#3 mjd420nova

mjd420nova

• Members
  • 1,848 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:02 AM

Posted 08 March 2016 - 02:42 PM

Does point to the video card having died.  If the unit aaa"appears" to boot okay, just no video, the output is not working.  Does the MOBO have on board video??  Try connecting to that.

#4 sapiroot

sapiroot
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 08 March 2016 - 04:45 PM

Does point to the video card having died.  If the unit aaa"appears" to boot okay, just no video, the output is not working.  Does the MOBO have on board video??  Try connecting to 

It booted from the integrated graphics on the motherboard. I wanted to test another PCI but then i need to unscrew my power supply

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users