Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 delite

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 08 March 2016 - 12:57 PM

Hello everyone,

Lately iv'e been having problems on my chrome when trying to connect to specific websites (steamcommunity.com, steampowered.com)

Any page on those sites instantly times out and says 

This webpage is not available

I haven't recently changed anything and any other website works fine. I tried connecting with a VPN and it worked fine.

Tried incognito browsing on chrome, tried accessing it from firefox and IE, doesnt help.

Checked the windows HOSTS file, its not  listed here.

Any ideas why it is blocked? 

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Agouti

• Members
  • 1,548 posts
  • Local time:02:04 PM

Posted 08 March 2016 - 02:02 PM

Your IP address might be blocked.  This can happen when your ISP rotates its pool of IP addresses.  If someone did something to caused them to be banned from Steam, when your ISP rotates addresses you might be unlucky enough to get that address assigned to you.  Thing you might try are:

• Call your ISP and explain the situation.  You might convince them to change your IP.
  • Disconnect your modem for a period of time, e.g. 1 day.  That may sometimes cause your IP address to change.
  • Find a way to contact steam (e.g. email) and explain the situation.  You might be able to convince them to stop blocking your IP address.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users