Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

My computer is acting strange lately and I really need some help

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Eirixoto

Eirixoto

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  

Posted 08 March 2016 - 10:04 AM

Hey guys.
First of all, sorry if this is not the right place to post this, I wasn't sure.

So as the title would suggest, my PC is acting strange lately. I'll try to tell you everything, but if there is stuff you need to know, tell me. So lets go.

My PC is an MSI GT70 running Windows 8.1 atm.

I recently got some annoying malware (I guess?), which would give me a lot of popups and adds on every site I'd visit. This happened right after I ran a Avast start-up virus scan, which I found pretty weird tbh... Anyways, thats been solved by now, I thought I'd just add any piece of information.

I've had some serious FPS issues for a while now, and I don't know what makes that happen. I've been playing League of Legends for years, without having FPS issues, but it started happening kind of out of the blue. I also bought Rise of the Tomb Raider, which my PC should run (And does), but that also has some stupid FPS which makes it annoying to play.

The PC won't shut down without using the power button. It works from time to time, but usually not. I click turn off, but nothings happening. If I click "rest" (I guess thats the english term) it will go to rest, but I can't turn it on again afterwards without completely shutting it down (Again, with the power button), which makes it useless, right.

It won't turn on. As in it won't log into my account once I've turned on, it will just say "welcome" and load forever. So I have to restart a few times just to log in. I believe this is caused by all the forced shut downs.

EDIT: Oh, ye. Every now and then it will also kinda reset some stuff. I don't know a good way to explain without examples. Like Im using RES for Reddit, and my shortcuts will disappear and the popup that you can check to "show these hints every 24 hours" will pop up again even tho I've unchecked it like 3 times till now. Same with the league of legends client - username isn't saved for some reason and the sound I've turned off comes back on etc.

I think I kinda said all thats happening. Or all I can come up with right now anyways.

Thanks,

Eirixoto

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users