Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Restore problem from External Drive?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Franco7

Franco7

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 07 March 2016 - 03:10 PM

Hi ppl, I have an issue with restoring my backup data from my external drive back onto my computer after being forced to do a full system restore. What's happening is when I open my Seagate Manager program it's not giving me the option to restore my backed up data (even though it's on the drive) instead it's only giving me the backup option I really can't understand why this is if anyone out there could advice me I'd be very greatful. Thanks in advance

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 RolandJS

RolandJS

• Members
  • 4,533 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:19 AM

Posted 07 March 2016 - 03:49 PM

Exactly what is the name and version number of the backup program you used?  What is the backup image [file's] extension?

"Take care of thy backups and thy restores shall take care of thee."  -- Ben Franklin revisited.

http://collegecafe.fr.yuku.com/forums/45/Computer-Technologies/

Backup, backup, backup! -- Lady Fitzgerald (w7forums)

Clone or Image often! Backup... -- RockE (WSL)

#3 Franco7

Franco7
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 07 March 2016 - 04:26 PM

Exactly what is the name and version number of the backup program you used?  What is the backup image [file's] extension?

It's a Seagate Freeagent Desk Drive.

#4 RolandJS

RolandJS

• Members
  • 4,533 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:19 AM

Posted 07 March 2016 - 04:47 PM

I tried Googling for ideas -- I'm going to learn from others in this thread!  I have no answers for you.

"Take care of thy backups and thy restores shall take care of thee."  -- Ben Franklin revisited.

http://collegecafe.fr.yuku.com/forums/45/Computer-Technologies/

Backup, backup, backup! -- Lady Fitzgerald (w7forums)

Clone or Image often! Backup... -- RockE (WSL)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users