Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Installing Windows Server Standard 2012 keeps looping between system utilities

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 lovely_day

lovely_day

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 07 March 2016 - 11:31 AM

Hi,

I am trying to install Windows Server Standard 2012 on server. I click one time boot under system utilities screen and then on Boot screen I click on CD drive which I has Windows Server CD. But it loops back to system utilities screen again.

This is my first time installing Windows server 2012. I don't know how I can get to install it. Any help will be appreciated. Thanks.

Please see attached pictures below for looping screens.

Attached Files

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 eddiek989

eddiek989

• Members
  • 14 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:52 PM

Posted 07 March 2016 - 11:51 PM

Hello,

Try to go into the BIOS settings and changing the boot order making the drive bay the first boot option, if that didn't work, make sure you have the latest BIOS firmware from your provider also the secure boot (UFEI Boot option is enabled or allowed).

Hope this works for you!

revert the boot order if that solved your issue to how you found it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users