Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

new graphics card

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 cmanrocks

• Members
  • 8 posts
  • Local time:04:37 PM

Posted 07 March 2016 - 11:16 AM

my OptiPlex 755 needs a new graphics card can some one please list the cards that are compatible I cant access my computer now to give you the motherboard info but im hoping some one can help me 

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,153 posts
  • Local time:02:37 PM

Posted 07 March 2016 - 11:35 AM

What were you using for a graphics card?

One of the big limiting factors is going to be your PSU.  It looks like your PSU is a 305W @ 18A.  This will limit your choices unless you change out the PSU as well.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#3 rqt

• Members
  • 363 posts
  • Local time:09:37 PM

Posted 07 March 2016 - 12:22 PM

What type of case does your OptiPlex 755 have??

(the options are mini tower, desktop, Small Format Factor, Ultra Small Format factor)

If it's USFF you can't fit a graphics card.

If it's SFF you can only fit a very compact half height card with a very low power consumption that's powered through the PCIe bus. PSU will only be around 275 or 235 watts. 

Desktop is I believe similar to the SFF but I've never been in one so I'm not sure.

Power supplies for all the above are Dell specials so cannot readily be upgraded.

The mini tower has room for most cards and has an ATX type power supply, so that can easily be upgraded.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users