Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Add multiple target drives to File History

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Robo11

Robo11

• Members
  • 56 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:29 AM

Posted 07 March 2016 - 03:08 AM

Hello. Currently, I'm using File History to backup my files to a external drive. This works fine. However, I would like to save a backup copy of my data on 2 different drives. I can't seem to be able to find a way to add more than 1 target backup drive in the settings.

Is it at all possible to add multiple target drives to File History? Thank you.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Agouti

Agouti

• Members
  • 1,548 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:29 AM

Posted 07 March 2016 - 07:58 AM

I may be wrong, but I don't think what you want to do is possible.

#3 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,090 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:29 AM

Posted 08 March 2016 - 07:15 AM

At the bottom of the page of "More options" from the File History page it states that you have to stop using the current backup drive in order to backup to another drive.

It may be that there are 3rd party solutions that work around this - but I'm not aware of any.

My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users