Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Dell studio 1749 won't power up and gives 3 white flashing light when I connect

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Sweetsteph

Sweetsteph

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 07 March 2016 - 12:25 AM

Hey guys,

So my computer has been shutting down after 15 minutes of usage or so. I thought it may have been overheating so I opened it up and cleaned up the fan. The fan was spinning and I thought all was good. But the problem still happened and now the computer will not power up.

When I connect the ac adapter to it, I get 3 white flashes on the led by the charge port then tHE led light turns off. Ive tried different power supplies and the outlet I'm using works for sure. I also tried to reseat the ram, different ram, ram in all the different slot, resetting the cmos, with battery, without battery...I've remove battery and disconnected power supply then pressed the power button for 30 seconds and reconnected the power supply and still nothing. The hard drive was tested on my desktop and works. I'm lost, PLEASE HELP!!!!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Captain_Chicken

Captain_Chicken

• BC Advisor
  • 1,364 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:38 AM

Posted 08 March 2016 - 05:25 PM

It appears the motherboard may have failed. You have tried all troubleshooting options. In Dell's manual which you can find online does this mean anything?

Computer Collection:

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

#3 Sweetsteph

Sweetsteph
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 09 March 2016 - 02:11 AM

I looked everywhere and the only light codes for troubleshooting comes from the media bar above the keyboard.. but I get nothing from there. Just the 3 flashes from the white light above the charging port. It's just driving me crazy because Im sure those flashes mean something....

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users