Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Scan reveals Application.AppInstall (A) trymedia - unable to remove

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
4 replies to this topic

#1 CandyLady

CandyLady

• Members
  • 59 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:18 PM

Posted 06 March 2016 - 11:39 PM

Just finished scanning the computer with Emsisoft Emergency Kit and removed a trojan and some "PuP"'s but cannot remove this one file:

Attached File  ScanMarch6th2016.png   16.06KB   0 downloads

Emsisoft Emergency Kit - Version 11.0
Last update: March 6, 2016 8:29:53 PM
User account: myDell-PC\my Dell

Scan settings:

Scan type: Malware Scan
Objects: Rootkits, Memory, Traces, Files

Detect PUPs: On
Scan archives: Off
ADS Scan: On
File extension filter: Off
Advanced caching: On
Direct disk access: Off

Scan start:    March 6, 2016 8:40:05 PM
C:\Users\my Dell\AppData\Local\genienext     detected: Application.AdGenie (A)
C:\ProgramData\trymedia     detected: Application.AppInstall (A)
Key: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\CLASSES\WOW6432NODE\CLSID\{933B95E2-E7B7-4AD9-B952-7AC336682AE3}     detected: Application.AdReg (A)
Key: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\CLASSES\WOW6432NODE\CLSID\{95B7759C-8C7F-4BF1-B163-73684A933233}     detected: Application.AdReg (A)
Key: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\CLASSES\WOW6432NODE\CLSID\{DE9028D0-5FFA-4E69-94E3-89EE8741F468}     detected: Application.AdReg (A)
Key: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\CLASSES\WOW6432NODE\INTERFACE\{C401D2CE-DC27-45C7-BC0C-8E6EA7F085D6}     detected: Application.AdReg (A)
Key: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\CLASSES\INTERFACE\{C401D2CE-DC27-45C7-BC0C-8E6EA7F085D6}     detected: Application.AdReg (A)
Key: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\CLASSES\TYPELIB\{C2AC8A0E-E48E-484B-A71C-C7A937FAAB94}     detected: Application.AdReg (A)
Key: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\CLASSES\TYPELIB\{C2AC8A0E-E48E-484B-A71C-C7A937FAAB94}     detected: Application.AdReg (A)
Key: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\WOW6432NODE\MICROSOFT\WINDOWS\CURRENTVERSION\EXPLORER\BROWSER HELPER OBJECTS\{95B7759C-8C7F-4BF1-B163-73684A933233}     detected: Application.BHO (A)
C:\feather bouquet-snagged-sjb_2.gif.331475.gzquar     detected: Trojan.FakeAlert.PO ( B)
C:\pnpsetup.dll     detected: Gen:Trojan.Heur2.CTR.2eq2@a8Ox23mi ( B)

Scanned    379134
Found    12

Scan end:    March 6, 2016 10:56:16 PM
Scan time:    2:16:11

C:\pnpsetup.dll     Gen:Trojan.Heur2.CTR.2eq2@a8Ox23mi ( B)
C:\feather bouquet-snagged-sjb_2.gif.331475.gzquar     Trojan.FakeAlert.PO ( B)
Key: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\WOW6432NODE\MICROSOFT\WINDOWS\CURRENTVERSION\EXPLORER\BROWSER HELPER OBJECTS\{95B7759C-8C7F-4BF1-B163-73684A933233}     Application.BHO (A)
Key: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\CLASSES\TYPELIB\{C2AC8A0E-E48E-484B-A71C-C7A937FAAB94}     Application.AdReg (A)
Key: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\CLASSES\INTERFACE\{C401D2CE-DC27-45C7-BC0C-8E6EA7F085D6}     Application.AdReg (A)
Key: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\CLASSES\WOW6432NODE\INTERFACE\{C401D2CE-DC27-45C7-BC0C-8E6EA7F085D6}     Application.AdReg (A)
Key: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\CLASSES\WOW6432NODE\CLSID\{DE9028D0-5FFA-4E69-94E3-89EE8741F468}     Application.AdReg (A)
Key: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\CLASSES\WOW6432NODE\CLSID\{95B7759C-8C7F-4BF1-B163-73684A933233}     Application.AdReg (A)
Key: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\CLASSES\WOW6432NODE\CLSID\{933B95E2-E7B7-4AD9-B952-7AC336682AE3}     Application.AdReg (A)
C:\Users\my Dell\AppData\Local\genienext     Application.AdGenie (A)

Quarantined    10

Attached Files

Edited by CandyLady, 06 March 2016 - 11:40 PM.

Candy Lady - DELL Inspiron 350, Win7 x64
83439813698.png
CandyLady's daughter posts on her behalf ALWAYS.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 fireman4it

fireman4it

Bleepin' Fireman

• Malware Response Team
  • 13,505 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:18 PM

Posted 07 March 2016 - 08:07 AM

Hello
  • Welcome to Bleeping Computer.
  • My name is fireman4it and I will be helping you with your Malware problem.

Please take note of some guidelines for this fix:
  • Refrain from making any changes to your computer including installing/uninstall programs, deleting files, modifying the registry, and running scanners or tools.
  • If you do not understand any step(s) provided, please do not hesitate to ask before continuing.
  • Even if things appear to be better, it might not mean we are finished. Please continue to follow my instructions and reply back until I give you the "all clean".
  • In the upper right hand corner of the topic you will see a button called Follow This Topic.I suggest you click it and select Immediate E-Mail notification and click on Follow This Topic. This way you will be advised when we respond to your topic and facilitate the cleaning of your machine.
  • Finally, please reply using the Post button in the lower right hand corner of your screen. Do not start a new topic. The logs that you post should be pasted directly into the reply, unless they do not fit into the post.
  • I will be analyzing your log. I will get back to you with instructions.

" Extinguishing Malware from the world"

The Virus, Trojan, Spyware, and Malware Removal forum is very busy. If I'm helping you and I've not posted back within 24 hrs., send a PM with your topic link. Thank you.

ALL OTHER HELP REQUESTS VIA THE PM SYSTEM WILL BE IGNORED. The Forums are there for a reason!
Thanks-

userbar_eis_500.gif

If I have helped you, consider making a donation to help me continue the fight against Malware! Just click btn_donate_LG.gif

#3 fireman4it

fireman4it

Bleepin' Fireman

• Malware Response Team
  • 13,505 posts
  •  

Posted 07 March 2016 - 08:35 AM

Download attached fixlist.txt file and save it to the Desktop. NOTE. It's important that both files, FRST/FRST64 and fixlist.txt are in the same location or the fix will not work. NOTICE: This script was written specifically for this user, for use on that particular machine. Running this on another machine may cause damage to your operating system Run FRST/FRST64 and press the Fix button just once and wait. If for some reason the tool needs a restart, please make sure you let the system restart normally. After that let the tool complete its run. When finished FRST will generate a log on the Desktop (Fixlog.txt). Please post it to your reply.

Please download AdwCleaner by Xplode and save to your Desktop.
  • Double click on AdwCleaner.exe to run the tool.
    Vista/Windows 7/8 users right-click and select Run As Administrator
  • The tool will start to update the database, please wait a bit.
  • Click on the Scan button.
  • AdwCleaner will begin...be patient as the scan may take some time to complete.
  • After the scan has finished, click on the Clean button.
  • Press OK when asked to close all programs and follow the onscreen prompts.
  • Press OK again to allow AdwCleaner to restart the computer and complete the removal process.
  • After rebooting, a logfile report (AdwCleaner[C#].txt) will open automatically (where the largest value of # represents the most recent report).
  • Copy and paste the contents of that logfile in your next reply.
  • A copy of that logfile will also be saved in the C:\AdwCleaner folder.

The Virus, Trojan, Spyware, and Malware Removal forum is very busy. If I'm helping you and I've not posted back within 24 hrs., send a PM with your topic link. Thank you.

ALL OTHER HELP REQUESTS VIA THE PM SYSTEM WILL BE IGNORED. The Forums are there for a reason!
Thanks-

userbar_eis_500.gif

If I have helped you, consider making a donation to help me continue the fight against Malware! Just click btn_donate_LG.gif

#4 fireman4it

fireman4it

Bleepin' Fireman

• Malware Response Team
  • 13,505 posts
  •  

Posted 09 March 2016 - 04:48 PM

Hello.

Are you still there?

If you are please follow the instructions in my previous post.

If you still need help, follow the instructions I have given in my response. If you have since had your problem solved, we would appreciate you letting us know so we can close the topic.

Please reply back telling us so. If you don't reply within 3-5 days the topic will need to be closed.

Thanks for understanding :)

With Regards,
fireman4it

Thanks-

userbar_eis_500.gif

#5 fireman4it

fireman4it

Bleepin' Fireman

• Malware Response Team
  • 13,505 posts
  •  

Posted 14 March 2016 - 08:36 AM

Due to the lack of feedback, this topic is now closed.

In the event you still have problems, please send me or any Moderator a Private Message and ask them to reopen this topic within the next 5 days.

Please include a link to your topic in the Private Message. Thank you.

Thanks-

userbar_eis_500.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users