Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows 8.1 Pro, Freezing in game (Smite)

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Twistedself

Twistedself

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 06 March 2016 - 10:10 PM

I was running windows 10 with my rig and everything was fine, I felt that it was still buggy and thought I would ride with 8.1 a while longer till everything is ironed out. After the install, everything ran great and then the game froze up. Screen dead froze. I was still able to Alt-Tab out of the game and everything else still runs fine(even other games -wow, league..) I have tried updating windows and drivers, I thought my page file was set to low, it was at 2gb, so I kicked it up to 8g, still happens. I have tried uninstalling the drivers and reinstalling fresh. I just can't figure it out. Any help would be appreciated.

p.s. sorry if this is in the wrong place.

Speccy attached. 

Attached Files

Edited by Twistedself, 06 March 2016 - 10:11 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,679 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:48 PM

Posted 07 March 2016 - 10:23 AM

Please post the Speccy Snapshot in your topic.  I will not download anything to my computer unless I know exactly what it contains.

Please download and install Speccy to provide us with information about your computer.  Clicking on this link will automatically initiate the download. 

When Speccy opens you will see a screen similar to the one below.

speccy9_zps2d9cdedc.png

Click on File which is outlined in red in the screen above, and then click on Publish Snapshot.

The following screen will appear, click on Yes.

speccy7_zpsfa02105f.png

The following screen will appear, click on Copy to Clipboard.

speccy3_zps1791b093.png

In your next post right click inside the Reply to Topic box, then click on Paste.  This will load a link to the Speccy log.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#3 Twistedself

Twistedself
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 07 March 2016 - 08:46 PM

Pastebin:

http://pastebin.com/V1KSz25U

SS:

http://speccy.piriform.com/results/MgjvnqGu5SqXExzs5VUQoii

Edited by Twistedself, 07 March 2016 - 08:49 PM.

#4 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,679 posts
  •  

Posted 08 March 2016 - 09:37 AM

Are you using the same drivers that you had loaded previously with Windows 8.1?

Were you having this problem previously with Windows 8.1?

What is the make and model of you PSU?

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#5 Twistedself

Twistedself
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 08 March 2016 - 08:21 PM

When running windows 10 I never experienced the problem. Ever since the Win8.1 install the problem has arrived. I am not sure what drivers I was using before the switch. The PSU is CX750M.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817139051

Do you think I may be drawing to much?

#6 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,679 posts
  •  

Posted 09 March 2016 - 09:18 AM

That PSU should be sufficient for that system.

Go to NVIDIA, Click on Drivers, then select the proper specifications for your GPU, click on Search.

The dates for drivers go back to November of 2015.  Select a driver that coincides with the date you installed your PGU.

Edit:  A newer driver does not mean that it will be better than the older driver.

Edited by dc3, 09 March 2016 - 09:19 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users