Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

flash won't install on ie 9

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 4uz

4uz

• Members
  • 28 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:57 PM

Posted 06 March 2016 - 04:49 PM

i have vista.i installed version 21 flash two times from filehippo.com then tryed version 20 it couldn't be down loaded.i unistalled ver 21 first of course. now i can't get ver 21 to down load again.all it does is say it couldn't be downloaded...i have chrome and firefox and opera they are running ver 20 and they all work fine.is it ie or is it adobe ?active x filtering is unchecked.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 SleepyDude

SleepyDude

• Malware Response Team
  • 2,968 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:57 PM

Posted 06 March 2016 - 04:53 PM

Hi,

I had that problem several times! Download the full version that is available here for a limited time I suppose...

• Please do not PM me asking for support. Post on the forums instead it will increases the chances of getting help for your problem by one of us.
• Posts in the Malware section that are not replied to within 4 days will be closed. PM me or a moderator to reactivate.
• Please post your final results, good or bad. We like to know! Thank you!

Proud graduate of GeekU and member of UNITE
___
Rui

#3 4uz

4uz
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 28 posts
  •  

Posted 06 March 2016 - 06:20 PM

i went there  and tapped on the red flash download and it brought to that page i've to 20 time3s before .i tapped on the yellow download box and it said as usual it could't be downloaded .

#4 SleepyDude

SleepyDude

• Malware Response Team
  • 2,968 posts
  •  

Posted 06 March 2016 - 06:43 PM

i went there  and tapped on the red flash download and it brought to that page i've to 20 time3s before .i tapped on the yellow download box and it said as usual it could't be downloaded .

Did you use the direct download links down on that page?

• Please do not PM me asking for support. Post on the forums instead it will increases the chances of getting help for your problem by one of us.
• Posts in the Malware section that are not replied to within 4 days will be closed. PM me or a moderator to reactivate.

___
Rui

#5 Agouti

Agouti

• Members
  • 1,548 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:57 PM

Posted 06 March 2016 - 06:53 PM

The only Adobe Flash Player I see at FileHippo is 21.0.0.174 Beta.  Do you have a reason for wanting to use the Beta version?

#6 4uz

4uz
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 28 posts
  •  

Posted 06 March 2016 - 07:55 PM

i tryed ver 20 it would't go in so i tryed  21 again thats why.on that page you recomened .what do i tap on for adirect download .a screen shot would be helpful. lots of stuff to tap on.?

#7 SleepyDude

SleepyDude

• Malware Response Team
  • 2,968 posts
  •  

Posted 07 March 2016 - 04:13 AM

i tryed ver 20 it would't go in so i tryed  21 again thats why.on that page you recomened .what do i tap on for adirect download .a screen shot would be helpful. lots of stuff to tap on.?

For Windows under Flash Player 20.0.0.306 (Win & Mac) click Download EXE Installer

For Internet Explorer: https://fpdownload.macromedia.com/get/flashplayer/current/licensing/win/install_flash_player_20_active_x.exe

For Firefox: https://fpdownload.macromedia.com/get/flashplayer/current/licensing/win/install_flash_player_20_plugin.exe

Edited by SleepyDude, 07 March 2016 - 04:14 AM.

___
Rui

#8 buddy215

buddy215

• BC Advisor
  • 12,902 posts
  •  

Posted 07 March 2016 - 10:25 AM

Downloading from sites such as File Hippo is one sure way to get unwanted stuff bundled with those downloads.

Adobe's site for downloading Flash Beta:  Adobe Flash Player 21 Beta for Desktops | applications, content and videos - Adobe Labs

Some Flash downloads from Adobe may contain unwanted software, too. Always pay attention and UNcheck items such as

Google Chrome or Yahoo toolbar.

You should scan for adware using MBAM and AdwCleaner.

“Every atom in your body came from a star that exploded and the atoms in your left hand probably came from a different star than your right hand. It really is the most poetic thing I know about physics...you are all stardust.”Lawrence M. Krauss

A 1792 U.S. penny, designed in part by Thomas Jefferson and George Washington, reads “Liberty Parent of Science & Industry.”

#9 4uz

4uz
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 28 posts
  •  

Posted 08 March 2016 - 10:40 PM

i did what you recomened and it worked thanks so much for your help. i'm happy now . so until another time i'll be closing this post now.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users