Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Just built my first PC and it keeps crashing!

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 tekish11

tekish11

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  

Posted 06 March 2016 - 01:09 PM

Hey Folks,

Just got my computer built after a few days struggle (I'm very new to this)

Installed Windows 10, installed graphics card drivers, got chrome, vlc etc. the essentials. 

Then I downloaded steam, tried to boot up a game and was met with a crash.

Now every once and a while during either me logging back in from sleep mode or launching an applications, Windows will crash.

Additionally, every time it restarts from the crash my network adaptor drivers are uninstalled as well. I'm not sure if that's the adaptor/windows 10 issue or the system keeps rolling back to an earlier point each time it crashes.

Anyways, here's my WhoCrashed report. If you need additional info, please let me know. I'm sure I've left some important stuff out!

Thank you so much!

Computer name: DESKTOP-QJ43K31
Windows version: Windows 10 , 10.0, build: 10586
Windows dir: C:\WINDOWS
Hardware: ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC., M5A99FX PRO R2.0
CPU: AuthenticAMD AMD FX™-8320 Eight-Core Processor AMD586, level: 21
8 logical processors, active mask: 255
RAM: 8484544512 bytes total

Crash Dump Analysis

Crash dump directory: C:\WINDOWS\Minidump

Crash dumps are enabled on your computer.

On Sun 3/6/2016 4:26:16 PM GMT your computer crashed
crash dump file: C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\030716-6234-01.dmp
This was probably caused by the following module: dxgmms2.sys (dxgmms2!VIDMM_GLOBAL::GetPinnedAllocationInfo+0x35)
Bugcheck code: 0x3B (0xC0000005, 0xFFFFF801F379BA1D, 0xFFFFD000215C86E0, 0x0)
Error: SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION
file path: C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\dxgmms2.sys
product: Microsoft® Windows® Operating System
company: Microsoft Corporation
description: DirectX Graphics MMS
Bug check description: This indicates that an exception happened while executing a routine that transitions from non-privileged code to privileged code.
This appears to be a typical software driver bug and is not likely to be caused by a hardware problem.
The crash took place in a standard Microsoft module. Your system configuration may be incorrect. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver on your system that cannot be identified at this time.

On Sun 3/6/2016 4:26:16 PM GMT your computer crashed
crash dump file: C:\WINDOWS\memory.dmp
This was probably caused by the following module: dxgmms2.sys (dxgmms2!VIDMM_GLOBAL::GetPinnedAllocationInfo+0x35)
Bugcheck code: 0x3B (0xC0000005, 0xFFFFF801F379BA1D, 0xFFFFD000215C86E0, 0x0)
Error: SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION
file path: C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\dxgmms2.sys
product: Microsoft® Windows® Operating System
company: Microsoft Corporation
description: DirectX Graphics MMS
Bug check description: This indicates that an exception happened while executing a routine that transitions from non-privileged code to privileged code.
This appears to be a typical software driver bug and is not likely to be caused by a hardware problem.
The crash took place in a standard Microsoft module. Your system configuration may be incorrect. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver on your system that cannot be identified at this time.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,091 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:31 PM

Posted 08 March 2016 - 06:14 AM

The WhoCrashed stuff points at video.

Where did you get the video card drivers from?

If not from the video card chipset manufacturer's website (Intel, AMD, nVidia), and if this is a discrete video card that you installed yourself, then please go to their website and download/install the latest available W10 compatible version.

Please be sure that the slot for the video card is clean

That the card is firmly plugged into the slot

That any power connectors are firmly plugged into the card

That the cooler is free of dirt/dust/hairballs and has free airflow getting to it.

That the fan for the cooler is working.

Also, monitor your system's temperatures with this free tool:  http://www.cpuid.com/softwares/hwmonitor.html

Normally desktop temps shouldn't exceed:
CPU - 60ºC
GPU - 80ºC
HDD and other components - 40ºC

Please run this report collecting tool so that we can provide a complete analysis:  http://omgdebugging.com/bsod-inspector/
When done a Notepad document will open with the name of the file and it's location. (By default it'll be a .zip file located on your Desktop)
Simply upload the .zip file with your next post and we'll move on from there.

If it doesn't work for you, then please try this:  http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/576314/blue-screen-of-death-bsod-posting-instructions-windows-10-81-8-7-vista/

My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users