Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Sreen too bright?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Sogin

Sogin

• Members
  • 95 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:44 AM

Posted 06 March 2016 - 12:14 PM

The Whites are just absolutely crazy bright, like if electric or an energy wave goes through on a show it will give you a headache. I've tried going into Display there is no brightness option, forget it not doing anything it does not exist. My driver is up to date as well as the OS. It's bothering my eyes like crazy, any ideas? GPU is Nvidia GTX 760.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Kilroy

Kilroy

• BC Advisor
  • 3,413 posts
  •  

Posted 06 March 2016 - 12:53 PM

There are probably actual options on the display itself.  Is this a desktop or a laptop?  A make and model of the screen would also be helpful.

#3 Sogin

Sogin
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 95 posts
  •  

Posted 06 March 2016 - 12:55 PM

There are probably actual options on the display itself.  Is this a desktop or a laptop?  A make and model of the screen would also be helpful.

The Monitor itself does have options, how ever I was hoping not to have to mess with them considering it was 100% fine in 7, ever since the update it went to junk. It's a Desktop, screen is a Dell P190S. I've tried turning it down in the Nvidia Control Panel, but it's still the whites are either insanely bright, or  I can't see anything in the dark. Cannot find a happy medium at all.

Edited by Sogin, 06 March 2016 - 12:58 PM.

#4 Queen-Evie

Queen-Evie

Official Bleepin' G.R.I.T.S. (and proud of it)

• Members
  • 16,485 posts
  •  
  • Location:My own little corner of the universe (somewhere in Alabama). It's OK, they know me here

Posted 06 March 2016 - 08:20 PM

There *should* be a brightness display in Windows 10.
I see it. No clue why you don't.
tgjIe8z.png

#5 Queen-Evie

Queen-Evie

Official Bleepin' G.R.I.T.S. (and proud of it)

• Members
  • 16,485 posts
  •  
  • Location:My own little corner of the universe (somewhere in Alabama). It's OK, they know me here

Posted 06 March 2016 - 08:29 PM

There is a topic about the same issue at the Dell forums. While the posts I read all mention laptops, the suggestions might apply to a desktop.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/software-os/f/4997/t/19642888

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users