Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Second GPU not prompting to screen when using HDMI

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Clufflebot

Clufflebot

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:00 AM

Posted 06 March 2016 - 11:28 AM

Hi guys, 

I am having a slight problem, and after searching for over an hour now, it is quite difficult to find someone with my exact problem. 

I have got 2 AMD 290x's in my system, both have a HDMI display connected to them, for some reason the card in PCI slot 1 is displaying absolutely fine, however the card in slot PCI 3 is not even detecting that there is a monitor connected to it, I have tried with multiple PCI slots and all of them apart from PCI 1 are having the same issue, and Crossfire works fine. 

I have also swapped the Gpu's around, and still PCI 1 will display from the other graphics card, and the other graphics card will not display at all, even though it did when it was in PCI 1.

After looking around on the web, I have seen countless reports of people having issues displaying dual monitors from a single card, but I can't find anyone who is having an issue of two seperate cards having the issue. 

I'm very sorry if this is a very simple fix, I am not very experienced when it comes to this kind of thing. 

System specs:

Motherboard: MSI X99S Gaming 7

RAM: 32gb corsair vengance DDR4 running at 2100mhz

GPU: 2x MSI Radeon 290x

CPU: i7 5930k

Storage: 250gb SSD

2tb HDD

PSU: 850w Fully modular

Thank you for any help I receive. 

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 ScathEnfys

ScathEnfys

Bleeping Butterfly

• Members
  • 1,375 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:00 PM

Posted 06 March 2016 - 08:45 PM

It was my understanding that Xfire / SLI only outputted on the main card... I could be wrong though. Have you tried using a different cable or plugging both monitors into the same card?
Proud system builder, modder, and watercooler.

GitHub | SoundCloud | Keybase

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users