Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Microsoft SQL server 2005 error in autobackup

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 daredavel

daredavel

• Members
  • 25 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:54 AM

Posted 06 March 2016 - 08:48 AM

Hello,

I've run into trouble lately with my SQL server as it no longer autobackup after years of doing so. I've run the scheduled job but it give me errors I've posted below.

I've tried increasing the 'maximum error count' and disabling the 'integrity check' but non-works. I'm also using the admin account I originally used in setting it up years ago. I have multiple databases and manual backup will be troublesome.

SQL_Backup.png

SQL_backup_error.png

I appreciate any help.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Wand3r3r

Wand3r3r

• Members
  • 2,027 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:54 PM

Posted 07 March 2016 - 10:51 AM

Where is the target of the backup?  Pic posts are hard/small to read but " failure to aquire local server connection" should point you down the path of what is up with the target of the backup.

What changes occurred to the servers/network right before this started?

#3 daredavel

daredavel
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 25 posts
  •  

Posted 12 March 2016 - 08:30 AM

Where is the target of the backup?  Pic posts are hard/small to read but " failure to aquire local server connection" should point you down the path of what is up with the target of the backup.

What changes occurred to the servers/network right before this started?

Thank you for the response. I got it sorted. :smash:

#4 Wand3r3r

Wand3r3r

• Members
  • 2,027 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:54 PM

Posted 13 March 2016 - 12:20 AM

Always nice to share the solution.

#5 daredavel

daredavel
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 25 posts
  •  

Posted 15 March 2016 - 06:23 AM

Always nice to share the solution.

I had a hard time trying to figure out whats wrong because everything was correct and should work. So I end up using a 3rd party application called 'sqlbackupandftp' which works exactly the same but with added features. :bananas:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users