Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Access mouse onboard memory

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 IWant2Help

IWant2Help

• Members
  • 76 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:32 AM

Posted 06 March 2016 - 04:54 AM

Is there anyway to access the oboard memory on a mouse? I want to backup the firmware that is installed on my Asus Gladius.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,406 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:32 PM

Posted 09 March 2016 - 11:02 AM

The firmware is not installed in the mouse.  It is found in the Device Manager under Mice and other pointing devices.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#3 IWant2Help

IWant2Help
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 76 posts
  •  

Posted 09 March 2016 - 11:57 AM

The firmware is not installed in the mouse.  It is found in the Device Manager under Mice and other pointing devices.

Do you know how i can download it?

#4 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,406 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:32 PM

Posted 09 March 2016 - 02:30 PM

Unless the driver is corrupt you don't need to do anything.  If there is firmware which was installed you should have a disc which came with the mouse, this is where the firmware came from.  Open the device manager, click on the diamond to the left of Mice and other pointing devices.  You should see your mouse there.  Double click on your mouse, then click on the Driver tab.  You should see the driver provider and the driver version.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#5 IWant2Help

IWant2Help
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 76 posts
  •  

Posted 09 March 2016 - 03:14 PM

Unless the driver is corrupt you don't need to do anything.  If there is firmware which was installed you should have a disc which came with the mouse, this is where the firmware came from.  Open the device manager, click on the diamond to the left of Mice and other pointing devices.  You should see your mouse there.  Double click on your mouse, then click on the Driver tab.  You should see the driver provider and the driver version.

Thanks for your help, much appreciated

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users