Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows 8.1

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Eiv4sir

Eiv4sir

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 05 March 2016 - 10:33 PM

My laptop that I had let my Daughter use for school was updated and she never informed me she was unable to load anything.. I've tried several different avenues to get back into it to no avail I can't get the boot menu as it's just to Damm fast loading...I've cleared come and still can't access the boot menu it looks as thought a bios password is in place the one time I was able to get to boot menu I cleared all passwords and saved changes and exited as soon as reboot it was same thing toshiba satalite Windows 8.1 2014

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,752 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:11 AM

Posted 06 March 2016 - 09:14 AM

1.  My laptop that I had let my Daughter use for school was updated

2.  I've tried several different avenues to get back into it to no avail I can't get the boot menu 

1.  What exactly was "updated"?

2.  In order to access the Boot Menu you must first start the computer normally.

Then open the Charm Bar by pressing Windows Keywindowskey_zps092d5c75.png and the C key together.

Click/tap on Settings.

Click/tap on Change PC Settings.

Click/tap on General.

Scroll to the bottom and click on Advanced Startup, then click/tap on Restart Now.

Click/tap on Use A Device.

Click/tap on Boot Menu (aka Startup Utility

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users