Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

LAPTOP BEZEL NOT ATTACHING

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 duncan1979

duncan1979

• Members
  • 18 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:58 PM

Posted 05 March 2016 - 08:24 PM

This isn't a technical problem but concerns the laptop casing - think it's called a bezel - recently I had to replace my laptop screen and  when I tried to reattach the bezel, it doesn't click back into place properly at the top corners. Before it's always just clicked back into place when I've pressed it. I know this sounds like a silly problem, but it's just bugging me. When I removed the screen I lost a couple of the screws and had to use new ones but they fit in fine , - also I noticed the frame around the screen seems to bend out slightly on the left around the middle - but the frame is held tightly in place at all ends so I can't see why this would stop the casing attaching properly. Maybe  a piece of the casing that should attach broke off when I took it off or something?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 mjd420nova

mjd420nova

• Members
  • 1,925 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:58 AM

Posted 05 March 2016 - 08:57 PM

Those replacement screws are just a tad bit to big in the head, not allowing the bezel to seat in that area.  A jewelers file could take the tops off a bit, after removing them of course.

#3 duncan1979

duncan1979
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 18 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:58 PM

Posted 05 March 2016 - 09:19 PM

It is at the top where I used the replacement screws , also one at the side - I didn't notice the size of the head, just the length - unfortunately one of the screws at the top has got stuck and I can't get it out -I sent for a box of different size replacement screws, I'll have another look through them and see if any are the same size head as the original screws - I'll try to get some kind of screw remover too for the one that's stuck  and get that out

#4 mjd420nova

mjd420nova

• Members
  • 1,925 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:58 AM

Posted 05 March 2016 - 10:24 PM

Those brass inserts in the plastic to hold the screws are unforgiving, be gentle.  Wrong screw, not threaded in all the way, probably cross threaded.  Sometimes a needle nose plier holding the plastic tight while you back the screw out, the pliers will keep the brass insert from spinning in the plastic.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users