Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

How I came here

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 supportbleepingpc

supportbleepingpc

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:29 PM

Posted 05 March 2016 - 12:28 PM

As many people do too, I'd ran into ransomware by visiting a torrent site loaded with tons of links. While choosing a torrent to download, I noticed that something was happening on the background. So I decided to take a look and found all kinds of sites opening in front of my eyes. Then my browser was hijacked with a police warning telling me that I was doing illegal things and that I had to pay money . That happened to be ransomware. At that point I decided to unplug the network connection, while my computer was very slow at that point in time, busy doing all kind of things, except what I asked it to do. So I shut down and rebooted the system into save mode with internet connection, just to see what the damage is at that point in time and to remove the stuff that was installed so far. I was sure .... I didn't install those. Then I had to find myself some malware removing programmes...and so I came here. Immediate disconnecting from internet prevented for more damage though. Anyway, I was able to fully recover the system.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 51,907 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:29 PM

Posted 05 March 2016 - 01:00 PM

:welcome: to Bleeping Computer.

We are glad to here that you were able to successfully recover your system.

As a new member be sure to read the Welcome to Bleeping Computer! Guide and the following...Best regards.
The BC Staff
Windows Insider MVP 2017-2018
Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2016
Microsoft MVP Consumer Security 2007-2015 kO7xOZh.gif
Member of UNITE, Unified Network of Instructors and Trusted Eliminators

If I have been helpful & you'd like to consider a donation, click 38WxTfO.gif

#3 jcgriff2

jcgriff2

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 1,109 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:29 PM