Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Network Path not Found when trying to access computer on home network

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 JohnMcD348

JohnMcD348

• Members
  • 35 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:20 PM

Posted 05 March 2016 - 10:16 AM

Error code 0x80070035

OK, strange thing with my home computers that I can't figure out.  I have two computers that I'm trying to get to communicate with each other so I can move files back and forth between them.  My plan is to make one of them the home's backup and main storage system.  the problem is that I can only seem to get one of them to actually communicate equally.  Computer 1 is a factory Lenovo Intel i3 computer.  Computer 2 is a home made AMD that I just built a few weeks ago.

Both are running Win 10 Pro.

Both are physically attached to the router. Heck, they're physically stacked on each other on my desk....

Using File Explorer, on the left side Panel under Network, it shows both computers: AMD and Lenovo.

Computer 1(factory) is able to the files on Computer 2 easily by going over through File Explorer.  But, if I click on one of the files, I get the message that I DO NOT HAVE PERMISSION

If I try to cut/Paste files from Computer 1 to computer 2, I get teh same message.

Now

Computer 2.  I am also able to see the computer listed under Network in the left panel.  When I click on Computer 1 to access it, I get a Network Error

Windows cannot access \\ Lenovo   (Computer1)

Error code 0x80070035

I've tried the Diagnose option and it doesn't work.

If I click on a Drive under Network on the very computer, I can see the drives, I can see the directory list.  If I click on a file, I get the error.  Example on the left side panel on my AMD computer I select:

>AMD

>C:

>PerfLogs

It's at this point that I get the error:

Windows cannot access  \\amd\c\PerfLogs as an examle

I've tried running through Homegroup setup and Googled for days on setting up a network with Windows 10 and can't seem to figure out what I'm not doing here to make these computers talk and communicate with each other.  I eventually, want to get all my computers to talk to the AMD so I can use it for a main storage/backup for the home network.

Thank you for any help you can give me.

John

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Curly56

Curly56

• Members
  • 19 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:20 AM

Posted 05 March 2016 - 07:52 PM

Hi, John,

maybe you should look into this first: http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/605256/network-folder-gone-again/

Of course, all of the other prerequisites have to be dealt with beforehand:

Permissions for access to the hard drives on the respective pcs (like: "everyone", or the precise name of the other pc)

Do away with the stupid "homenetwork group, just use the "normal" network, and follow the tips from the link above

Check under Network & Sharing Center, left pane "further admissions" (???? - sorry, just a lame translation from my German Win10), whether all what you need is also enabled

Make sure, NET Framework 3.5 is installed/activated

Even with the newest updates of Win10, the file explorer does NOT show the other pc, even if it is there and available, unless you use shortcuts/links; try Explorer++, doesn't cost anything

Some people had success with disabling SMB, didn't work for me, and I can only advise NOT to do that - doesn't solve the problem, maybe covers it up for a while, until you run into the next problem

So a lot of work for you ahead; if you have more questions about the "ToDo-List", I'll be glad to answer, just be a little more specific what you did, so we can rule out what's not the problem.

Greetings from Germany,

Curly

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users