Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows 10 - not closing/restarting properly.

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 sew333

sew333

• Members
  • 74 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:34 PM

Posted 05 March 2016 - 04:59 AM

Hello.Everytime i restarting Windows 10 by button RESTART from START in next boot i have Automatic Repair. On next boot i am able to boot fine to Windows 10. Event viewer showing that system was not closed properly, but it was closed properly. Where can be issue? SOftware or hardware related? 

Cpu : 4790k stock good temps
Ram: 2x8gb DDR3 Kingston Hyperx
Psu: Corsair 750 RM
Mb: Asus Sabertooth Z97 Mark2 UEFI
SSD: Samsung Evo 250 GB

Windows 10 is on MBR partition formatted.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Niweg

Niweg

• Members
  • 802 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:34 AM

Posted 05 March 2016 - 12:45 PM

Hmmm, I think I'd run memory diagnostics.  Search for "memory diagnostics" to find them.  You might also want to open an administrative command prompt and issue this command: sfc /scannow .

Good luck.

Make regular full system backups or you'll be sorry sooner or later.

#3 sew333

sew333
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 74 posts
  •  

Posted 05 March 2016 - 12:48 PM

Memtest86 not showing errors.

#4 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,090 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:34 AM

Posted 06 March 2016 - 05:41 AM

It sounds like the system isn't shutting down properly (rather than not starting up properly).

Try updating your drivers (from the Asus support site, and the support site for any add-on items that you may have).  If already updated, try removing them and reinstalling them.

In particular do the chipset and storage drivers, along with any of the Intel stuff that's installed (MEI, RST, DPFT, etc)

My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

#5 sew333

sew333
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 74 posts
  •  

Posted 06 March 2016 - 05:51 AM

Its a fresh clean install Windows 10 to MBR partitioned disk. I format with MBR partition.

So last time after i change in my UEFI boot priority (but on past it working fine ) from :"UEFI USB KINGSTON" to "P1 SSD SAMSUNG EVO 250 GB" i am getting  that weird booting problem with Windows 10.

03_140515103027.jpg

When starting Windows 10 boot loader starts by "preparing automatic repair" and diagnosing pc. Then after this i get screen with Your pc did not start correctly or Automatic Repair couldnt repair your pc . And when i click restart then Windows 10 boot fine. So i am needing 2 boots to boot properly to windows.

Event viewer showing that system was not closed properly

My disk is on MBR partirion. Is this related to my UEFI/Partitions?

Also i know that UEFI firmware can emulate BIOS functionality (CSM/Legacy) and work with MBR disks just fine. Or i am wrong? And cause is elsewhere? Is this issue related to hardware or software/bios?

Edited by sew333, 06 March 2016 - 05:52 AM.

#6 usasma

usasma

• 25,090 posts
  •  

Posted 06 March 2016 - 05:57 PM

You have several related topics open.

I'd suggest sending a message to a moderator to merge them all into one topic.

It'll be much easier to deal with everything in one place - than trying to work on separate issues in separate posts (and, IMO, they may be related to each other).

My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

#7 sew333

sew333
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 74 posts
  •  

Posted 08 March 2016 - 08:53 AM

So my UEFI settings are default, i not changing anything despite of boot priority. Windows 10 was installed due to MBR partition format, so i guess through automacially legacy.Yeah i dont change anything in UEFI still. Primary boot was P1 SSD SAMSUNG EVO 250 GB and all was working fine and properly booting.
Problem started after i change ( switch ) in my UEFI, boot priority from :"UEFI USB KINGSTON" to again "P1 SSD SAMSUNG EVO 250 GB ( MBR partition )".
When starting Windows 10 boot loader starts by "preparing automatic repair" and diagnosing pc. Then after this i get screen with Your pc did not start correctly or Automatic Repair couldnt repair your pc . And when i click restart then Windows 10 boot fine. So i am needing 2 boots to boot properly to windows. He must reboots twice and then get's through. Event viewer showing that system was not closed properly.

So i need help. Where is the issue, hardware, software/bios issue?

Maybe something with UEFI and boot of my SSD which is MBR? Or that doesnt matter?

RAM tested 19 hours in memtest - 0 errors, HD TUNE 0 errors. So i think ram and SDD is fine. Also what is your opinion?

#8 usasma

usasma

• 25,090 posts
  •  

Posted 08 March 2016 - 10:32 AM

I have no idea.  I presume that the hardware is OK as it was working will until you changed (and it works OK if you change back).

I am not proficient with boot scenarios and suggest that you post in the Internal Hardware forums for more expert help:    http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/f/7/internal-hardware/ 

DO NOT START ANOTHER TOPIC - ask a moderator to merge yours and to move it to that forum.

#9 sew333

sew333
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 74 posts
  •  

Posted 08 March 2016 - 10:49 AM

Sorry ok , just make left that topic. Second please delete.

This please delete:

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/607446/windows-10-some-apps-event-viewer-and-task-manager-not-responding/

Edited by sew333, 08 March 2016 - 10:50 AM.

#10 sew333

sew333
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 74 posts
  •  

Posted 08 March 2016 - 11:28 AM

I have no idea.  I presume that the hardware is OK as it was working will until you changed (and it works OK if you change back).

I am not proficient with boot scenarios and suggest that you post in the Internal Hardware forums for more expert help:    http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/f/7/internal-hardware/ 

DO NOT START ANOTHER TOPIC - ask a moderator to merge yours and to move it to that forum.

No i dont say it work when i change back. Problem started after someday i just change ( switch ) in my UEFI, boot priority from :"UEFI USB KINGSTON" to again the same like before "P1 SAMSUNG SSD 850 EVO 250GB ". So i dont switch back to "UEFI USB KINGSTON"

And still that was my maybe fifth switch between UEFI USB KINGSTON" to "P1 SAMSUNG SSD 850 EVO 250GB ". And it get broken after fifth switch. So before it worked fine when i was switching between them. Sorry for my bad language. Hope you understand.

Edited by sew333, 08 March 2016 - 11:42 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users