Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Loud Electronic Buzz

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 ScottM58

ScottM58

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:35 AM

Posted 05 March 2016 - 03:33 AM

Hi everyone I'm new here and have arrived with a most frustrating problem I'm hoping someone might have an answer for.

This problem started amonth or two ago and basically whats happening is every once in awhile (20 minutes to half an hour)

my computer emits a loud buzz sounding very much like an electrical short like when you have an amp turned up and a cable

shorts out when wiggled. However there is very little wiring that can go wrong in the back of my pc.I've made sure the speakers

are all firmly plugged in etc. Anyway could this be indicative of a hardware problem? It seems like the "buzzing" sound is getting worse

as in it lasts for a longer interval than originally. It began as a 1 second burp but now continues for 2 or even 3 seconds at times.

Any help would sure be appreciated!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Mars86

Mars86

• Members
  • 18 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:35 PM

Posted 05 March 2016 - 03:51 AM

Hello. Is this exclusively a "sound" issue? meaning does this happen if you do not have any sound equipment plugged into your PC?

#3 ScottM58

ScottM58
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 05 March 2016 - 03:45 PM

Mars86:.It happens regardless of whether I'm playing a video or game etc or not but if I AM watching a video,when the noise happens the video image doesn't so much pixilate as turn a kind of patchy murky white and then slowly pieces back together again if that makes any kind of sense!

#4 ScottM58

ScottM58
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 05 March 2016 - 03:52 PM

Mars86:just rereading your post, if you mean does the computer make noise if it's just sitting there? Then no not that I'm aware.

Also thanx for your prompt reply.I'll check back as much as I can.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users