Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Computer has gotten very slow and might have some re-directs

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 ctdannyd

ctdannyd

• Members
  • 35 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:06 PM

Posted 04 March 2016 - 06:50 PM

First, thank you all very much.  You've helped me in the past!

Running Windows 7 Enterprise, own the commercial version of ESET which for the last couple of years has done a great job.  But, recently I had started getting re-directs and did some research on how to eliminate them.  So, here's what I've done to this point:

• CCleaner
  • MV RegClean
  • MalwareBytes
  • Tweaking.com
  • JRT
  • IExplorer
  • Hitman Pro.

After doing all of these (followed instructions on another site), the re-directs seemed to have gone away, and some web browsing activities have greatly improved, but I think I have some kind of tracker as on certain sites (like YouTube), things slow down greatly.

Just as a side bar, I have Comcast's BLAST internet package, and can get upto 180mb's of download speed.  And, games like World of Tanks, perks right along with an FPS over 100.

Kinda stuck.  Hope you guys can help!

Thanks in advance again.

Dan

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 73,072 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:06 PM

Posted 18 March 2016 - 10:13 AM

Hi Dan, let's get a deeper look as you've run Reg cleaners also.... Please follow this Preparation Guide and post in a new topic.
Let me know if all went well.
How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users