Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

setting the gateway of the access point on windows server 2008 2

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 wilric

wilric

• Members
  • 35 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:27 AM

Posted 04 March 2016 - 06:48 PM

We are running windows server 2008 r2   

at some point our cicso  access points   lost the proper gateway in  them and they couldn't access   the internet.  going directly into them via a browser didn't give me access to  enter the proper gateway.

i rdp into the server and i though i went into the  dns server and made the settings there, but nowhere do the ip addess  of the access point show up.    Where ever i went to, i had to right click on the ip address  and  select one of the options,    i think i had to go to "new"  then arrow down to "gateway" and enter the correct gateway.  it had the dns server address for the gateway.  once i changed it, the access point started  allowing access to the internet.  

I cannot  remember where in the server configuration i did this.    Can anyone tell me where to go.

Thanks 

Richard

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Wand3r3r

Wand3r3r

• Members
  • 2,027 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:27 AM

Posted 05 March 2016 - 12:35 PM

"i went into the  dns server and made the settings there"

This is not what you do or how you address the issue you are having.

It sounds like you were in the dhcp server configuration.  AP's shouldn't be using dhcp, unless you did ip reservations, since they should have static ips so you know how to always reach them.

Standard configuration is to directly access the APs and give them proper static configurations.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users