I built a new gaming PC a few weeks ago and it has been crashing ever since. It does not BSOD, it just reboots randomly. Sometimes it's minutes after booting, other times it takes a few hours. I check EventViewer after each reboot and it's always a Kernel-Power 41 with BugcheckCode 0. It used to crash while playing video games at which point I got a warning in the log just before the reboot stating "display driver amdkmdap stopped responding and has successfully recovered". Now I still get games crashing with this warning but I can launch the task manager and kill the game, at which point the PC resumes working fine. The random reboots are still happening though.
Things I have tried so far:
- updating all drivers (even hotfix AMD GPU drivers)
- reinstalling Windows 10
- running memtest86 for 1 full pass - took 12 hours on 1 CPU out of 8, no errors
- running Prime95 - first run PC rebooted after 4 hours, second run was fine. I stopped it after 6:30 hours with all tests passing
- running FurMark - first time crashed after about a minute, then ran 3-4 times for 30 minutes without failure
- running ESET online scanner - no issues
- running Driver Verifier for 48 hours - bugcheck code was still 0 with a couple of reboots
- running SanDisk SSD diagnostics - a SMART extended test resulted in no errors
At this point I can only think of two options. It's either a Windows 10 - driver incompatibility or a hardware issue. Should I try installing windows 8.1 or linux? Otherwise, I'll need to return the failing hardware, I just can't identify it. Or could it be something else?
Edited by Vorte, 05 March 2016 - 07:37 AM.