Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

ACCESS DENIED, CAN NOT DELETE... How do I get around this!

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Michael44

Michael44

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:59 AM

Posted 05 December 2004 - 12:44 AM

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I inadvertenly dragged a couple program folders to my desktop. I have removed the programs from my computer.. I still have the empty folders remaining on my desk top... I try to remove them and I get ACCESS DENIED.
I have restarted in Safe Mode with system restore On and OFF, and I get the same results.. I've tried *MoveOnBoot* & *KillBox* with the same results also. I can't move them, hide them, cut and paste them or even rename them.. I've went through search to try to remove and the same thing... They are just locked to the desktop... Always getting ACCESS DENIED... These are EMPTY FOLDERS!! HOW DO I GET RID OF THEM!?!?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 phawgg

phawgg

Learning Daily

• Members
  • 4,543 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:59 AM

Posted 05 December 2004 - 05:02 AM

Michael,

Try right-clicking on one of 'em, select "properties"-->"security"-->your logon username-->allow full permissions. Then delete. I had a similar error code when trying to manipulate files I had reinstalled off a CD I burned before a OS reload. Beat the heck outta me until thatman here explained the permissions & ownership of files to me. If that doesn't work, then start-->My Computer-->Help-->type: ownership of files in search field. (assuming winXP) :thumbsup:

Edited by phawgg, 05 December 2004 - 05:13 AM.

patiently patrolling, plenty of persisant pests n' problems ...

#3 cjsears

cjsears

• Members
  • 28 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:59 AM

Posted 05 December 2004 - 06:33 AM

i'm having the same error with a folder. it's called tsa and it's in my program files. it differs from your problem in that it contains an .exe and a file called tslock. i tried
phawqq's advice and discovered no security tab. what next? ...anybody... :thumbsup:

#4 Michael44

Michael44
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 05 December 2004 - 07:56 AM

Great advice! But I have no security tab either... When I search for *ownership* I get an error messege!! Go figure?!?!

#5 Michael44

Michael44
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 05 December 2004 - 08:03 AM

Wow! I found the fix! phawqq, you did point me in the right direction! Thank you!!

Right Click on item--> Sharing Tab--> check..make file Privite--> Apply--> OK

Will prompt and ask if you would like to create password, click NO

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users