Posted 01 August 2006 - 07:21 AM
mdm.exe is Microsoft's Machine Debug Manager program that is installed with the Microsoft Script Editor to provide support for program debugging. mdm.exe allows the user to debug Internet Explorer errors by using a script interface tool. mdm runs as a service and is loaded when your computer starts. This is a non-essential process and if you do not use your computer for debugging purposes, you can safely turn off the Machine Debug Manager.
1. Open Internet Explorer.
2. On the Tools menu, click Internet Options.
3. Click the Advanced tab.
4. Click to select the Disable script debugging check box, and then click OK.
5. Close Internet Explorer.
To disable the service do this:
1. Go to Control Panel > Administrative Tools > Services or click on Start > Run and type: services.msc
2. Press "OK".
3. Click the "Extended tab"
4. Scroll down the list and find the service called "Machine Debug Manager"
5. When you find the service, double-click on it.
6. In the Properties Window > General Tab that opens, click the "Stop" button.
7. From the drop-down menu next to "Startup Type", click on "Disabled"
9. Now click "Apply", then "OK" and close any open windows.
mdm.exe could also be a process registered as a virus depending on the directory location it runs from. The path for the legit file is:
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\VS7DEBUG\MDM.E
.Windows Insider MVP 2017-2018Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2016Microsoft MVP Consumer Security 2007-2015 Member of UNITE, Unified Network of Instructors and Trusted EliminatorsIf I have been helpful & you'd like to consider a donation, click