Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

An icon on my task bar

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 marioscy

marioscy

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:41 PM

Posted 04 March 2016 - 06:09 AM

Hello guys,

I noticed a few days ago a new icon on vista task bar. It is a small icon like a white cat or rabbit. It does not have a tooltip, i cant right click on it or left click on it. i searched my PC to find programs similar to this icon but in vain i can find any. Can anyone tell me if this is a virus,trojan or malware

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Agouti

Agouti

• Members
  • 1,548 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:41 AM

Posted 04 March 2016 - 12:25 PM

Please post a screenshot showing the icon.

#3 marioscy

marioscy
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:41 PM

Posted 11 March 2016 - 03:50 PM

this is the icon i get

Attached Files

#4 Chris Cosgrove

Chris Cosgrove

• 7,098 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:41 PM

Posted 11 March 2016 - 07:20 PM

First of all - welcome to BC !

I have just spent a minute or two looking at this image of your icon both as in your post and the 'clicked on' version and am no further forward. From where I sit it looks like either a teddy bear or an old fashioned alarm clock and like you I have no idea what it represents.

However I don't think it is likely to be malware - with the exception of ransomware this operates by stealth and doesn't advertise. None the less, to put your mind at rest, I suggest you carry out a system scan with your anti-virus and an anti-malware one as well. If either of these scans bring up any problems that they cannot themselves resolve, or if you still have concerns, then my advice would be to start a topic in the 'Am I infected?' section of BC.

And if you do finish up starting a topic in AII then give the basic details - make and model - of your computer and OS, and include a link to this topic. Just copy and paste the URL at the top of this page.

Chris Cosgrove

#5 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 24,620 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:41 AM

Posted 11 March 2016 - 07:32 PM

Click the up arrow in the system tray then select Customize. Is there a description after the icon?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users