Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows 10 Upgrade Eureka Crash Report

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 nevans07

nevans07

• Members
  • 311 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:39 PM

Posted 04 March 2016 - 02:14 AM

Hi BleepingComputer Staff,

I recently upgraded from Windows 7 to Windows 10. Everything was going fine until I installed Comodo and Anti Beacon. I really don't want Microsoft rummaging through my data for advertisers. I now constantly get Eureka 7.2 crash report every 2 seconds. Emsisoft no longer scans automatically after start up like it used to. That's my scheduled scan. Please help. I really appreciate your help. 

Thank you for what you do.

Best Regards,

Nathaniel Evans

EurekaLog 7.2.6.17 RC 1 crash report

Access violation at address 00007FFFA075729B in module 'ntdll.dll'.

Read of address 000000000000030

ExceptionLog7.Init (Location: (000000000{ntdll.dll  }003729B)

[00007FFFA075729B] ntdll.RtlVirtualUnwind + $1DB)

(report generated by EDebugInfo,debugInfoInitDoneErrorHandler)

Press Ctrl + C to copy report to clipboard

cleardot.gif

Attached Files

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,090 posts
  •  

Posted 05 March 2016 - 08:38 AM

The reports that you've uploaded were designed for troubleshooting kernel space errors,  The access violations that your system is reporting are from user space errors.

I'm not as strong in the user space as I am in the kernel space, but will try to point out some things that might be causing problems.

Your UEFI/BIOS (version V3.04) dates from 2009.  Please check at the manufacturer's website to see if there are any UEFI/BIOS updates available for your system.  If you are able to install the update through Windows (without booting from an external drive), then go ahead and update it.  WARNING - if the computer might shut down during this procedure, please don't do it, as this may physically damage the computer and prevent it from booting.

Only 5 Windows Update hotfixes installed.  Most build 10586 (TH2/1511) systems have more than this.  Please visit Windows Update and get ALL available Windows Updates.

Many Windows Update failures are listed in the WER section of the MSINFO32 report.

Many, many AVSubmit errors in the WER section of the MSINFO32 report.
I'm uncertain what this is, but from it's name it seems as if it might be a problem with submitting and antivirus report.

It's also likely associated with Norton software - which strengthens the idea that it might be a part of an antivirus report.

Consider that along with the fact that your Emsisoft no longer scans on startup, and I'd have to wonder if there's a malware problem.

If infected, I'd suggest posting over in the Am I Infected forum:  http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/f/103/am-i-infected-what-do-i-do/
Please read the pinned topics at the top of the forum for instructions on how to post there.

Other than that, I don't see much evidence of other problems.

Some of the tools that you use for your protection are unfamiliar to me

It may be that there's some conflicting protection software on your system (a situation we used to see a lot with the Comodo firewall).

I'd post over in the Am I Infected forum for advice about that also.

Beyond that, please let the system crash a few times with this error, then upload this report:

Please do the following:
- open Event Viewer (run eventvwr.msc from the "Run" dialog)
- expand the Custom Views category (left click on the > next to the words "Custom Views")
- right click on the "Administrative Events" heading
- select "Save all Events in Custom View as..."
- save the file as Admin.evtx
- zip up the file (right click on it, select "Send to", select "Compressed (zipped) folder")
- upload it with your next post (if it's too big, then upload it to a free file-hosting service and post a link here).

Hopefully, this will show us some more info on the errors, or will point to a crash dump related to the error - so that we can gather some more information about the error.

Once that's done:

1)  Uninstall Comodo firewall (temporarily)

2)  Uninstall Norton (also temporarily)

3)  Ensure that Windows Defender and the Windows firewall are enabled

4)  Test to see if the crash still occurs (once that's done, please feel free to reinstall W10 compatible versions of Comodo and Norton if you'd like)

Edited by usasma, 05 March 2016 - 08:38 AM.

My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

#3 nevans07

nevans07
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 311 posts
  •  

Posted 05 March 2016 - 06:32 PM

Thank you so much Usama for your reply!!!! I really appreciate it. Bless you.

Unfortunately I'm writing to you from my cellphone right now. I won't have access to my laptop until earliest Tuesday. Then I'll carry out all your instructions. Ok I will also post to the Am I infected forum too. One last thing. You really got my attention when you mentioned Norton. I have never had Norton. Not that Im aware of. So I'm really concerned. Also I thought I updated everything Windows would let me. Didn't know there was more that I'm not receiving. I'm really baffled.

Thank you soo much for your time and help.~

God Bless,

#4 nevans07

nevans07
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 311 posts
  •  

Posted 05 March 2016 - 07:25 PM

God Bless Usasma!

#5 usasma

usasma

• 25,090 posts
  •  

Posted 06 March 2016 - 04:49 PM

Thank you for the kind words.

As you've never had Norton installed - I have to wonder about the AVSubmit thing.

First off, try the free Norton Removal Tool:  https://support.norton.com/sp/en/us/home/current/solutions/kb20080710133834EN_EndUserProfile_en_us

Don't worry about Windows Update.  As long as you've checked and it hasn't given you any errors - that's all that you can do.

My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

#6 nevans07

nevans07
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 311 posts
  •  

Posted 06 March 2016 - 05:27 PM

Thanks again Usasma!

Wow. I'm really nervous. Norton never shows up. Under my Revo Uninstaller or CCleaner Programs list. Ever. Maybe after this clears up Windows will release to me more updates. I will definitely run the removal tool when I get back home Tuesday. Thanks you so much. -~Nate

#7 nevans07

nevans07
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 311 posts
  •  

Posted 12 March 2016 - 05:15 AM

See next post.

Attached Files

Edited by nevans07, 12 March 2016 - 05:19 AM.

#8 nevans07

nevans07
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 311 posts
  •  

Posted 12 March 2016 - 05:17 AM

Hi Usasma!!

Sorry about delay. Enclosed is the Event Viewer log. I pray and hope you can make some sense of this!  :)

Best Regards,

Nate

Attached Files

#9 usasma

usasma

• 25,090 posts
  •  

Posted 13 March 2016 - 03:19 PM

Have you uninstalled Comodo?  The Admin log shows hundreds of Comodo errors (cmdagent) on 10 March.

Funny thing is that there are no entries for 11 March and only 2 for 12 March (which are Windows Update problems)

Have you ensured that Windows Update is fully updated and that you're not having problems with it?

#10 nevans07

nevans07
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 311 posts
  •  

Posted 17 March 2016 - 04:41 PM

Thank you Usasma!!! I followed your instructions and updated the BIOS. Windows said it's up to date. I uninstalled Norton.(??) I uninstalled Comodo. And when I uninstalled Comodo-  Voila! No more Eureka Crash Reports. Emsisoft scans as scheduled. Now I know what was causing the crash report. Help! Only problem is I need my Comodo. I did not have this problem with Windows 7. I reinstalled Comodo. Any advice will be appreciated. Thanks again Usasma!!!

Best Regards,
Nate Evans

#11 usasma

usasma

• 25,090 posts
  •  

Posted 18 March 2016 - 06:42 PM

FWIW - I have seen a lot of Comodo problems in the past.

Try reinstalling a fresh copy of Comodo if you must have it - but no guarantees as to it not causing problems.

#12 nevans07

nevans07
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 311 posts
  •  

Posted 18 March 2016 - 09:25 PM

See next post

Edited by nevans07, 19 March 2016 - 01:29 AM.

#13 nevans07

nevans07
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 311 posts
  •  

Posted 18 March 2016 - 09:29 PM

Thank you so much Usasma!!! I think I read a article that says you have to change the- Access violation at address 00007FFFA075729B in module 'ntdll.dll'.

Read of address 000000000000030 to a different address. Because the firewall hates that substitution made by Spybot Anti Beacon. It doesn't understand it's thwarting Windows 10 from spying. It makes the firewall go crazy. Have to change to an more acceptable address to the fw. For the life of me I can't find the article that talked about Windows 10 Privacy Settings  Anti Beacon Comodo fw. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users