Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Internet Running Very Slowly on New Dell Inspiron 15 with Windows 10

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 dargscisyhp

dargscisyhp

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:04 AM

Posted 03 March 2016 - 08:14 PM

I bought a new computer on Tuesday. I opened it up to play tagpro, a simple browser game, and noticed persistent lag, something I had never noticed on my older machines. A few hours later I noticed my WiFi connection dropped and reconnected about two or three times. Finally, while downloading a torrent yesterday, I noticed my download speed oscillating between 500 kbps to around 1.2 mbps. I could normally get around 3 mbps on my old computers. Running a speed test today showed that my download speed and upload speed were both around 2-3 mbps, though I have a 25 mbps connection. While running the speed test I noticed that virtually every time I started the test the download speed started out high (15-25 mbps) and then rapidly dropped. Running speed tests on other machines gave me numbers as high as 32 mbps for my download speed. So it seems to me that for some reason the quality of my connection is oscillating, though I have full bars to my connection. This happens next to my router and further away, though I have full bars everywhere in my house. I tried resetting both the laptop and the router to no avail. While writing this post up I noticed the connection drop again. Does anyone have any idea about what might be happening, and what steps I could take to fix this or diagnose the issue?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 I_Just_Post_Here

I_Just_Post_Here

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:04 AM

Posted 02 May 2016 - 08:13 AM

Try updating the wifi adapter driver.
Search "update driver" in the start menu.
This should open the program shown in the attached screenshot.
Under network adapters subheading, right click the adapter and click update device driver.
Then choose the search online option.

Attached Files

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users