Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Everytime my computer boots up the system 32 window opens.

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 RyansGirl101302

RyansGirl101302

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:07 PM

Posted 31 July 2006 - 10:16 PM

Hello!

I am very new to the site, and I came across this topic on a google search. Everytime my computer boots up the system 32 window opens. I have read on running the regedit as well as an above note of downloading a vbs file. None of these work, or go along with my position. Help please!! :thumbsup: Thanks in advance!!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Hawkeye4

Hawkeye4

• Members
  • 326 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:07 PM

Posted 01 August 2006 - 01:30 AM

My neighbor's computer does the same thing and I can't find the fix anywhere. Would love to hear it though.

#3 Albert Frankenstein

Albert Frankenstein

• Members
  • 2,707 posts
  •  

Posted 01 August 2006 - 06:47 AM

Go to: http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/xp_tweaks.htm scroll down to #260, on the right hand column you will see System32 Folder Opens Upon Boot. Click on it and save the .vbs file to your desktop and then double click it to run.

It will be making a change in your registry, so create a restore point first just in case.

Here is a Microsoft Knowledge Base article on the issue: http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=170086
ALBERT FRANKENSTEIN
I'M SO SMART IT'S SCARY!

Currently home chillin' with the fam and my two dogs!

#4 RyansGirl101302

RyansGirl101302
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:07 PM

Posted 01 August 2006 - 08:57 AM

Ok, I tried to run the VBS file and it said...

"the script cannot repair your issue. The expected registry value was not found."

Now what?

#5 Albert Frankenstein

Albert Frankenstein

• Members
  • 2,707 posts
  •  

Posted 01 August 2006 - 02:14 PM

The Microsoft Knowledge Base article I liked to above speaks directly to your issue. Read the article, looking for the cure, and then let us know if you have questions or need help in understanding the article.
ALBERT FRANKENSTEIN
I'M SO SMART IT'S SCARY!

Currently home chillin' with the fam and my two dogs!

#6 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,091 posts
  •  

Posted 01 August 2006 - 07:09 PM

What is likely happening is that an unknown startup item is calling on a file from the System32 sub-directory (or just in the path if it ends at System32). When it can't find it, it pops up the directory where it last looked.

Try Autoruns from http://www.sysinternals.com to see if you can locate something that's missing.
My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users