Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

FPS Drop After Awhile

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 InciteHysteria

InciteHysteria

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:25 AM

Posted 03 March 2016 - 04:41 PM

So I have been having a problem of FPS dropping in games after playing for awhile. Reboots seem to help but it has a diminishing return. After I reboot i'll have good FPS anywhere from 10 minutes to an hour and a half.

My drops happen randomly and do not coincide with heat problems. I have had some light artifacting at times (small black squares) but it seems to fix itself with a game reboot and is only within the games and not anywhere else. I have recently changed my CPU and Motherboard in the last week and was having the same problems beforehand with the old board and CPU.

My graphics card is not overheating as the highest I have seen is about 80C and that is about normal for my card (AMD Radeon HD 7700).

All my graphic drivers are up to date. My computer is clean. All my fans are running (yet my case fan and gpu fan seem to be quite loud at times even outside of games). My PSU is fairly new as well (under two months) and is well within the range for my power usage needs.

I am drawing a complete blank and have no clue what is exactly going on.

Specs:

Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-78LMT-USB3 6.0

CPU: AMD FX-8320 (8 core/3.5GHz)

GPU: AMD Radeon HD 7700

RAM: 16GB

Windows 7 Home Premium

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 InciteHysteria

InciteHysteria
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:25 AM

Posted 04 March 2016 - 06:16 PM

Seems like nobody else has an answer either.   :(

#3 scanel102

scanel102

• Members
  • 34 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:25 AM

Posted 05 March 2016 - 03:52 AM

I am having the same issue but mine is kinda different i guess, it looks like my fps limit goes down to 30, it doesn't go up 30 for 1 minutes, and it passes for 2 min and its repeating like that. i wish i could help you :/

#4 ScathEnfys

ScathEnfys

Bleeping Butterfly

• Members
  • 1,375 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:25 AM

Posted 13 March 2016 - 06:51 PM

@InciteHysteria
Please download MiniToolBox, save it to your desktop and run it.
Checkmark the following checkboxes:
  • List last 10 Event Viewer log
  • List Installed Programs
  • List Devices - only problems
Click Go and post the result (Result.txt). A copy of Result.txt will be saved in the same directory the tool is run.
@scanel102 - please make a different thread about that. your issue may be similar but it will probably have different root causes.

Edited by ScathEnfys, 13 March 2016 - 06:52 PM.

Proud system builder, modder, and watercooler.

GitHub | SoundCloud | Keybase

#5 Raxx425

Raxx425

• Members
  • 22 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:25 AM

Posted 22 March 2016 - 05:37 AM

Sounds to me like it could be a driver issue.  Try this tool and reinstall your driver from scratch and see if this helps.  http://www.guru3d.com/files-details/display-driver-uninstaller-download.html

#6 scanel102

scanel102

• Members
  • 34 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:25 AM

Posted 22 March 2016 - 12:30 PM

@InciteHysteria
Please download MiniToolBox, save it to your desktop and run it.
Checkmark the following checkboxes:

• List last 10 Event Viewer log
  • List Installed Programs
  • List Devices - only problems
Click Go and post the result (Result.txt). A copy of Result.txt will be saved in the same directory the tool is run.
@scanel102 - please make a different thread about that. your issue may be similar but it will probably have different root causes.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/605372/my-fps-drops-down-20-in-every-2-min-for-30-seconds-in-every-games/ i already created but it is still same, ( i tried to reinstall the drivers didn't work sadly)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users