Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

SFC and DISM not working

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 jrdaub89

jrdaub89

• Members
  • 17 posts
  •  

Posted 03 March 2016 - 12:20 PM

I have an issue with my sfc and dism, as stated above. The issue started when i went to add windows features i get nothing but a blank box. Thinking there was some kind of corrupted file I ran a sfc scan only to get this,

Beginning system scan.  This process will take some time.

Beginning verification phase of system scan.
Verification 15% complete.

Windows Resource Protection could not perform the requested operation.

and when i ran DISM i got this:
Error: 1392

The file or directory is corrupted and unreadable.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Aura

Aura

Bleepin' Special Ops

• Malware Response Team
  • 19,630 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:50 AM

Posted 03 March 2016 - 01:09 PM

Hi jrdaub89 :)

While I cannot directly assist you with issues like this on BleepingComputer (only on Sysnative), I can at least tell you why SFC is hanging. Follow the instructions below please.

EndqYRa.pngSystem File Checker (SFC)
Follow the instructions below to run a SFC scan on your system and to provide the CBS log in your next reply;
  • On Windows Vista & 7, click on the Windows Start Menu, then enter cmd in the search box, right-click on the cmd icon and select Spcusrh.pngRun as Administrator
  • On Windows 8, drag your cursor in the bottom-left corner, and right-click on the metro menu preview, then select Command Prompt (Admin);
  • On Windows 8.1, right click on the Windows logo in the bottom-left corner and select Command Prompt (Admin);
  • Enter the command below and press on Enter;
    sfc /scannow
    Note: There's a space between "sfc" and "/scannow";
  • Once the scan is complete, enter the command below and press on Enter
    copy %windir%\logs\cbs\cbs.log "%userprofile%\Desktop\cbs.txt"
  • A file called cbs.txt will have appeared on your Desktop. Upload the file on Dropbox, Google Drive or OneDrive and post the download URL for it here;
Note: Please note that the CBS.log is volatile, which means that if you don't upload it after the SFC scan is completed, it won't have the information from the scan anymore. So archive it and upload it as soon as you can.

unite_blue.png
Security Administrator | Sysnative Windows Update Senior Analyst | Malware Hunter | @SecurityAura
My timezone UTC-05:00 (East. Coast). If I didn't reply to you within 48 hours, please send me a PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users